Chapter 4

After my whole talk with that man, who I found out is the leading director of this place, I walked out with my knees shaking. I had no idea what I was going to do now. The man said I was to train alone one day then meet up with my team the next day. But for now I went into the bunk room and fell asleep. Too many things to think about.

--------------------------------------

Today is my first practice session alone. I was currently stretching on my mat waiting for an instructor or someone. Then out of no where a hologram of a person holding an axe charges at me. I get up on my feet and barely escape the axe. I run to the wall with weapons and proceed to grab the sword. Just in time cause the hologram was coming straight towards me once more. I lifted the sword and ran towards the hologram. Five feet away...two feet away...our weapons clashed and she attacked with force, a bit too much force because she knocked the sword out of my hand. I tried to retrieve my sword but she kicked it away, suddenly I got an idea. I pretended to be hurt and scared, she bought it and it gave me a split second to get up and run away as fast as I could. I turned around to face her and released a lightning bolt that struck her in the chest. Just like that she was gone. I was way out of breath and went to lay down on my mat. About 10 minutes later, a woman walks in with a suit of armor.

"This is your new armor, it was crafted by your father," she said and immediately turned and walked away.

I ran my hand through the bronze breast plate. It looked exactly like my size. I wonder how he knew what size I was. After a few more inspections I decided to strap on my armor.

I strutted to the nearest mirror to take a look. I looked truly beautiful, the armor somehow revealed the few curves I had hidden and made me look tough. Proud of the way I looked I turned around and kept training.

It has been 3 weeks of rotating from lonely practice sessions to group sessions and honestly I feel great. My team and I have been training long and hard and it's paid off.

Lola was polishing her axe and everyone else was on the mats stretching when all the lights went out. I stood up and ordered everyone else to stay seated. Suddenly the emergency lights blazed on and illuminated the room with an eerie red color. The alarms screeched and I had no idea what was going on. Then the middle aged man walked in followed by a group of people. He walked towards me and ordered my team to follow behind.

He strode through a couple of hallways and rooms until we stopped in front of his office. He sat down at his desk and told us to sit. Luckily it was quiet in his office, no alarms to make you go deaf.

"Ok so I think y'all are ready to go out into the real world," he leaned over his desk and looked at us as if we were a cow he was about to buy.

We all stared back at him in wonder.

The real world?

"To do what," I asked.

"We have spotted a group of young teens about your age trying to destroy us, they have captured many of our researchers and have them being held captive at the moment,"

"So you want us to save your people and capture the teens?" Lola asked.

"Yes and no, you will all go undercover and try to find out what they're planning, sound good?" everyone nodded their heads at him.

"Well what are we waiting for let's go!" this was Austin.

------------------------------------

We were taken thirty miles away from the facility and given instructions and weapons. I wore my armor and held my sword. I was the only one that had all the other weapons in my backpack because I was a vino.