Incubus Part 1

You walked into the club, not really knowing what to expect. You'd spent the last several months avoiding this area of town like the plague ever since the club was erected. Like the work of ghosts, the building had been absent one day and there the next. No one else had thought the sudden appearance of the building was strange, and that's how you knew. Not the work of ghosts... but demons.

This part of town was like a hunting ground for them. All sorts of shenanigans and depravity filled these streets, whether day or night, rain or shine. The inside of the club was worse than what you'd find outside.

Every form of debauchery you could think of could be witnessed ten times over in the room, even with just a quick scan from right to left. Women in dresses tighter than their own skin walked about in heels as high as skyscrapers, their faces painted to hide even the most miniscule of imperfections. Men holding glasses filled with ice and stiff liquor jeered and guffawed at anyone who got too close. Sometimes 'too close' meant clear from the other side of the room.

Pole dancers gyrated their hips to the booming music, hypnotizing all from their raised platforms. Flashing laser lights cut through the haze of the room, giving very brief flashes of color to the otherwise dismal darkness. The bar, showcasing an LED countertop, provided the only other light source to the room.

You knew better than to go over there. Should one drop of those poisoned drinks taint your lips, you'd be consumed instantly.

Across the sea of bumping and grinding bodies on the dance floor, thick burgundy drapes covered the entrance to the private rooms. Though it seems many of the club's patrons had no qualms with publicly indulging in their private actions. To your left a man had a woman pinned face down on a table, thrusting into her from behind. At the bar, a man was sitting backward on his stool, elbows leaning back against the glowing counter top, his pants at his knees while a woman kneeled between his legs.

In the 5 seconds it took for you to analyze the room, your head was already screaming at you to leave. Although, admittedly your head had been screaming at you all night long. And admittedly, you'd been ignoring it all night long.

Looking around, it wasn't difficult to determine that less than half of the people occupying this room were human. Drawn in by the loud music and heady atmosphere, some had come to experience the best night of their life. Others would not be so lucky.

You knew that you shouldn't be here. Not with your abilities. But your curiosity had won over the self-preservative instincts within you. You'd never been this close to creatures of the night, having been sheltered from this part of your life. But now that you were old enough to make your own decisions, you'd decided to come.

Clearly it was a bad idea.

Turning on your pointed heels, you begin to move for the door. You only make it three steps before a man steps in front of you.

His eyes appear black at first, but when a flash of light grazes his pale face, you catch a glimmer of red. Vampire. A hungry vampire. "Hello, sweetness."

You gulp down your fear, hoping to play it off as human innocence instead. "Hello," you greet.

His face leans down and it takes everything within you not to lean back. His predatory gaze catches yours. "Why don't you and I head to the back? I can promise you a good time."

You stare back, blinking once. "Um, that's alright. I was just leaving." That was your first mistake.

You move to step around him, intent on making your way to the door. That was your second mistake.

You feel the ice-cold touch on your wrist moments before his fingers close around your fragile bones like a vice. The low growl that escapes his lips somehow manages to drown out the pumping bass. It makes the blood tremble in your veins. "Your kind is not welcome here!" his eyes are now glowing with the red of anger and hatred. His lips are bared, teeth sharper than knives taunting you with every glint of the light.