The contact caused her to gasp and part her lips for him. Instead of exploring the entirety of her mouth, since he couldn't feel or taste, he merely breathed the cold air into her. Such an action made her squirm more under him, as a look of suffering crossed her facial expression.

Pulling back and watching her shiver due to the chill of his touch and her fear, he grinned, pleased at the results. He got off of her and created some distance between them again. Drem was smiling now, but his rage was still very much present.

Dragging her across the grass again, he wondered if she would try to yell out. She remained quiet, as her hands rubbed her arms. Her eyes were shut tight, and she murmured to herself, "I was so close, so close." Irritated by this, he jerked her forward all of a sudden. A yelp left her lips before silence followed.

Honestly, (f/n) wished to bawl continuously. She had been so near to escaping from the house; her plan had almost succeeded. Just a few more seconds, and she could have run home to safety. Never again would she have to enter this house, yet she was now being dragged across the backyard grass and towards the inside of the awful home. Still, she wouldn't cry in front of this thing; it didn't deserve to see her tears.

Besides, what would crying do to help her out of this situation? The being haunting the house probably couldn't be swayed by tears. It probably didn't feel anything at all; it most likely just wanted to torment her endlessly.

Just a few moments ago, it had felt like it was sucking the life out of her. Chilled air raced into her lungs and made it difficult to breathe. Her whole body could barely take the agony that the freezing air caused her. The only real comfort that she had at the present time was that her family was safe from the horror of this house.

If she hadn't accepted the offer to watch over Nathan's house, her parents would have taken up the task. Or, at least one of them would have. The idea of them having to experience this was near unbearable. So, she had at least the reassurance that they were away from this thing. Still, she wanted to be away from the entity as well, yet she was only getting closer to the inside of the house.

There was nothing for her to fight against. She could grab onto something, but unfortunately everything was out of reach at the moment. (F/n) felt like a sack of potatoes; she was utterly incapable of doing anything to stop herself from going to her current destination.

Even if she were to scream out of frustration, terror or both, she would probably be silenced like last time. She didn't want that stabbing pain to come back. Then again, she might die if she goes into the interior of the home. (F/n) had no idea what future awaited her in there, but it probably wouldn't be an enjoyable one. Maybe, screaming again would benefit her more than listening to the thing's warning.

Either option before her would result in most likely negative results. It was a matter of which held the worst. Making a gamble, she let out a loud cry for help. She didn't get past pronouncing the h before her head was lifted and thrown back. Her head seemed to rattle, as dizziness overcame her. Soon, her vision went dark.

When she came to, the sound of running water hit her ears. She thought that it might be the rain from outside. (F/n) had after all been soaked in her escape attempt. Perhaps, that's why she couldn't climb the apple tree as quickly as she had previously thought. Her feet had nearly slipped on several occasions during that near ascent to freedom.

Something was off, however. She could tell that she was in a small area, and a hard surface was under her. In addition to this, water surrounded most of her form and was rising. Just her chest, shoulders and head were above the water. Was she in the fountain outside, and it was overflowing from the rain? No, that couldn't be it; the smell of rain wasn't there.

Blinking her eyes open steadily, she found herself in the bathtub. Her clothes were thankfully still on her, and the faucet was on. Water was pouring out and was warm. The glass shower doors were closed, but the frosted glass gave her a blurry image of what was on the other side. There seemed to be something on the bathroom floor, however.

Carefully, she opened the door closest to her and peeked outside. The sound of the moving door didn't help her headache, but her attention was more focused on the ground. Lining the bathroom tiles were countless knives. They were placed in such a way that she wouldn't be able to walk across the bathroom without stepping on one. She could move them to the side with her hands, but she doubted the entity inside the house would allow her an easy escape. Apparently, her previous notions of the bathroom being a safe zone were wrong. Her focus turned back to the faucet, though, when it shut off.

Observing this, her whole body froze. The thing was in the bathroom with her, unless it was standing in the doorway and shut it off. Still, it was close by regardless. She drew herself back from the shower doors and debated on how to get out of this situation if the thing would even let her get out.

All of sudden, she jumped, as the door that she had opened slammed shut. Her eyes darted around the area for where the being was. Of course, she couldn't see it, but she wanted to know what it would do next. She shifted herself in the water, worried that the fountain incident might repeat itself but just in the bathroom.

Her hands gripped the sides of the bathtub, as she drew her knees to her chest. The sound of metal against metal filled the bathroom. Peering over to outside the bathtub, she saw the blurry image of a knife rising into the air.