{2}

Bay's POV

I opened my eyes groggily and sat up in my bed. The sun shone brightly through the window in my room in which I did not greet the light happily. I groaned and walked over to the window and closed my curtains. Mellow darkness consumed the room and I smiled content with myself. My face met my pillow as I glanced at the clock to see it was 10:04 A.M. 

I decided it was too late to go back to bed as my mom would come to wake me up soon, so in the mean time I examined my wrists. I took a seat at the edge of my unmade bed and took my left wrist in my right hand. They looked fine and were starting to heal well. I hated the cuts and the marks that were left as a result. It's one of those things where it seems right in the moment, so you do it. 

"Bay! Time to wake up and come down for breakfast!" my mother called knocking on my door. I quickly brushed out my hair and threw on a 'Can you not' crew neck sweater and a pair of black yoga pants. There was no sense in getting pretty for a regular Saturday. I made sure that no one could see my wrists and looked at myself in the body mirror. 

I felt like I had nothing to really hate about myself. I was not perfect by any means. No one is. My dark brown hair came down in uneven waves if left natural and fell beneath my boobs. My skin was a slightly sun- kissed, but I wasn't completely clear of acne. I had some miscellaneous blemishes. My boobs were not small, but they weren't big either. I had a soft curve for a waist, my stomach was flat, but not chiseled. My thighs were big, but not huge. My butt was large and had a smooth curve that led down to my calves. Which eventually led to my feet. I was a medium height, some say I'm short, but I blame global warming. 

I laughed at my stupid humor and opened my wooden door to go downstairs for breakfast. As I walked into the kitchen, I was greeted with a kiss on the cheek from my mom. 

"Hey sweetie! Want some pancakes?" she asked. Her freshly brownish- red hair died and did up with at least a gallon of hairspray. 

"Sure." I replied just as cheery. She placed two perfectly golden pancakes on the plate in front of me. I thanked her silently and as I was just about to put syrup on my pancakes someone snatches it from my hands. I whipped my head up to see my dad applying 2/3 of the bottle to his pancakes. 

" Sorry kiddo, I'm in a hurry." I smiled at his nickname for me and I was suddenly not mad at him anymore. 

"It's okay dad." I told him truthfully as he finished the last big gulp of his pancakes. He made his way over to the sink and put his plate and dishes in before making his way back to the breakfast bar where I was sitting. He kissed me on the top of my head and said, "By kiddo, love you." 

"Love you too!" I shouted as he made his way to my mom's office to say goodbye to her as well. 

I finished my breakfast and discarded the plate and silverware in the sink and made my up the stairs, but I was stopped mid-way by my mom. 

"Hey hun, there are some new neighbors across the street and I told them you would show their son around. Maybe take him up town or to the park." she told me. I wasn't surprised. My mom always volunteered me for things without my opinion. 

"Sure. When should I go over?" I asked. 

"Now would be good." she smiled. So much for a typical Saturday. I rushed up to my room to get ready. I grabbed my paisley printed makeup bag from my bedside table and headed into the bathroom. I unzipped the bag and took out the essentials: foundation, powder, eyeliner, and mascara. I got started with my foundation, only putting a very thin layer and coating it with powder. Next, I applied black eyeliner to my upper and bottom eyelids and smudged it in so it was very subtle. The smudging helped my eyelashes look fuller and brought out the light brown flecks in my dark brown eyes. The final touch was mascara and a couple swipes later I was ready to meet this new family. 

I walked down the stairs and put on my black converse wearing the same outfit I changed in this morning. I told my mom I was going to see the new neighbors and she said see you soon. 

It was a surprisingly nice day outside. The sun was shining brightly and the bright green leaves on the trees were glowing because of the sun's rays. I watched two kids run around in the now occupied house. A little boy and a little girl looked happy with a game of tag they had started. Their giggles brought a smile to my face as I admired them. I finally built up the courage and walked over to their house. As I was crossing the street the children stopped their game and immediately came up to me curiously.

When I reached the sidewalk the two kids were now looking at me with questioning looks, it was honestly really cute.

"Hi." I told them.They were still looking at me with awe until the girl finally spoke up.

"Hi, I'm Lauren." she smiled waving her hand. She nudged her brother and he came back to reality.

'Hi, I'm Harry." he smiled as well. The two blonde blue- eyed children in front of me looked so innocent, something that I won't ever get to grasp again.

Their voices settled into my head as I realized their accents...Australian?

"It's nice to meet you two, I'm Bay." I told them. Harry was about to say something as the front door opened. A tall teen aged boy with brownish- blonde curly hair walked over to his two siblings. He kneeled down to their heights and looked up at me. He gave me a smile that showed his dimples. My heart sped up at the sight.

"I'm sorry, they can be poop heads." he smiled again. Harry and Lauren looked offended and started to giggle a little after. His voice was the same, it is Australian. I'm 99.9% sure it is. 

"No, they were were fine. I actually approached them." I replied. He smiled once again and I took him all in. 

He was wearing a 'Nirvana' t-shirt with black skinny jeans and black vans. His hair was curly, but they were light curls like waves. His eyes were different. They were a a dull green almost hazel, they were beautiful really. 

"My names Ashton." he rose to his appropriate height and stuck out his hand for me to shake. 

"My names Bay." I replied shaking his huge hand. 

My left sleeve started to ride up, so I quickly shoved it back down. Ashton gave me a weird look, but I brushed it off. 

"So, Bay. I heard your supposed to show me around?" he asked his accent was making my knees week. 

"You heard correctly." I told him. We laughed at my corny remark as we walked down the sidewalk to downtown. God I could listen to him laugh all day.