Forsaken Part 1 - Chapter 1

The ash of the still burning embers floated in the air all around the valley, like grey snowflakes waiting to come to rest on the ground. The charred and scorched terrain now resembled a dark wasteland of pure death far off from it's previous stature days prior filled with lush fauna and floral of enormous trees that housed some of the native species.

Bodies laid stacked upon one another with rivers of blood flowing in every crack and fissure the surface held. The blanket of smoke from that nights previous battle was clearing and everything was becoming visible in the newly risen morning sun. Thousands upon thousands of lifeless corpse's scattered the the valley floor. The trap had worked all to well and it meant certain doom for the republic troopers and now as daylight emerged it was obvious they had been out maneuvered and slaughtered with out regard for mercy or surrender.

The mere sight of the carnage would make even the the best soldier cringe and hurl at the sight of such a grim and massive massacre. It was the perfect strike. No trap could have worked better. Jagged cliff walls that reached near sixty meters high on both sides and the inclining terrain up through the valley between the monumental cliffs. The path through the canyon forked off into two directions near the peak of the coulee and there in the center stood a steep jagged crag that came to a point like that of a sword. It was the perfect vantage point into the gorge below and the perfect striking point.

This is the place where the mighty Sith Lord stood his ground with a republic commanders throat firmly in his grasp and boots to brow hanging aimlessly over the edge of the cliff point. His arm extended outward until it was at it's apex and he tightened his grip ever so slightly. Squeezing the neck of the trooper filled him with contentment. Blood slowly trickled out and down from beneath the commanders armor. It was hard to say just how much damage his body had taken and how severe his wounds truly were. It mattered not to the Sith that held him so easily over the cliffs pinnacle. He was alive and breathing and that was what really meant something at this point.

"Your despondency is apparent commander. It is also irrelevant to me, at least to the extent you might comprehend. Coordinates, I want you to tell me what they are." The gruff raspy rugged and autocratic tone slipped from the Dark Lords lips.

"N .. N .. No" The limp seemingly lifeless troopers head perked up to gurgle out a response that was muffled even more so from behind his helmet.

"Lets not try my patience here in front of all these men that look to me to lead them to victory. Make no mistake commander I can find new ways to extend your suffering. Coordinates NOW!" The Sith Lords voiced deepened and became more demanding. "This could become unpleasant quickly and keeping you alive long enough to fillet the flesh from your bones and cook it in front of you while you watch is not my first and preferred option." Reaching up and grabbing the troopers helmet, the Sith Master lifted up and off the troopers head and tossed it over the ledge into the canyon below.

His head lifted once more and he caught his first glance into the Dark Masters eyes and there he saw his fate sure and true. He knew it would do him no good to reveal any secret information and that his fate was sealed and his death loomed only moments away. His lips curled in defiance and again he gurgled out a response that was less muddled than the last. Eyes widening he spat blood into the face of his tormentor.

"You don't scare me devil. I curse the ground you tread. You get nothing from me .. ever. Now do your worst and let me meet my maker." The commanders head bobbled around trying to maintain what composure he had left.

With this being said the dark lord closed his eyes and tilted his head upward. Summoning Altus Sopar and letting himself be immersed in the force. Standing there like a stone pillar he soaked up the essence of the force from every living thing in his vicinity. Then in a moment of clarity or something of that nature the dark lord tilted his head forward once more and opened his eyes. Taking in a deep breath and then exhaling he spoke.

"So be it Commander! You have given me what I need anyway. Your mind is not as strong has your jaw muscle's and now you have betrayed all that you fought for. Weak and predictable." With that being said he let loose his grip on the republic trooper's throat and leaving his arm still out stretched watched as the commander instead of falling to the smoky grave's below, floated back in mid air until he hovered over one of the many pyre's burning below. Then an awful scream arose from deep within the trooper. The trooper bellowed and struggled as if trapped in an invisible net. Then there was silence, and a moment later the commander begin to smoke and from what his face was showing his skin began to blister. Like a thermal detonator exploding the trooper combusted into a flaming mess of flesh and bone. What was left of the commander rained down to the surface far beneath.

"Well it's not my worst, but it will do." Turning and looking at his inquisitor's standing in line nearby he pointed to the cliffs behind them that were covered in dense tree's and brush. "There are Jedi watching us! Find the contemptible meat bags and bring them to me. Alive is my preference." He stood there as they shuffled around and went to their newly ordered business. Thousands of Black Knights begin to come back into formation and the hunt was on.