tattoos

grace
twenty two

i laid on his bare chest, my fingers tracing the tattoos spread across it. one of his hands was in my hair, the other behind his head. our legs were entangled together, our breathing practically the same. rising and falling with the same pulse. ethan insisted that we ditch the talent show and lay on his bed, because, 'he missed my embrace.'

i couldn't help but break the silence. i picked up his habits. the silence wasn't awkward, but it was avoidable. "what do they mean?"

"what does what mean?" i woke him up from his temptation of falling asleep. his voice was deep and raspy.

"your tattoos," i say as i poked one.

"sweetheart, they don't necessarily have a meaning. i liked them so i got them."

"oh come on! they all have to mean something."

"that would take a damn lifetime to explain all of them. on another note, i haven't slept right since you left me grace, i'm bound to fall asleep."

"you have a whole lifetime to fall asleep. you know that most of your life you're asleep? this is an easy opportunity to live it up." ethan smirks and rolls his eyes at me. "by telling me about your tattoos, of course."

"sweetheart, most of my tattoos are ones that i just thought looked cool." i sit up and look down at him. he runs his hand over his left pectoral, where there was a hand with long fingernails scratching. "like this one. i thought it looked cool."

"but this one," i pointed to a tattoo of the earth on his bicep. "this means like traveling the world right? you've told me multiple times that you want to travel the world."

a grin spreads across his face. "let's travel the world together. we'll buy an RV that will hook up to my truck and we'll go everywhere."

"we'll buy a boat too."

"maybe even a private jet while we're at it."

"the problem is, my family wouldn't allow me to go anywhere with ethan dolan, and me and you don't have much money."

"hey, this job pays well. yeah we work all day every day for the whole summer and we should be paid more, but it's not terrible."

"it's pretty bad." i admit.

"if it wasn't fun then literally no one would work here. you're right, the payment is ass." ethan smiles. "looking on the bright side is overrated anyway."

"i'd rather have a shit payment then to not be here. . . what will we do when the summers over?" that question popped in my brain and it felt necessary to say.

"let's start looking on the bright side again-"

"i'm being serious." i run my fingers through my hair and fall to the bed, laying on my back.

"sweetheart, stay in the now. don't think too much about the future," he trails off, his lips finding its way to mine. he hovers over me, his right hand traveling underneath my shirt.

"don't think too much at all." ethan whispers, his teeth lightly biting my earlobe, as he unbuttons my shorts.

L I F E G U A R D

i physically cannot write smut... but imagine that they smashed, okay? also if any of you want to write some grace and ethan smut for this chapter honestly i'll put that shit in and give you credit no joke.

but i'm sorry it's been forever since i've updated, i love you if you're still here

ALSO IM SORRY BUT PS I IMAGINE THE TATTOOS ON ETHANS THIGHS ON HIS CHEST AND HIS ARMS YA FEEL ME OKAY BYE