Chapter Two

When I get to school, I immediately go to the office. I need to get my schedule and locker.

When I get into the office, Caleb is there too. How did he beat me here?

"Hi Caleb." He looks over his shoulder and smiles.

"Hi Tris." He emphasizes me name. He finally got it into his head not to call me Beatrice.

We tell the school secretary our names and she hands us our schedule. I look at mine.

Beatrice Prior

10th Grade

Locker 46; 4, 6, 10

Science: Mrs. Jeanine Mathews

Math: Mr. Jack Kang

Music: Mrs. Tori Wu

Lunch

Gym: Coach Amar

LA: Mrs. Johanna Reyes

I start down the hallway to look for my locker, while studying my schedule. I look up and the next thing I know, I am on the floor and my books are everywhere.

"OMG! I'm sooo sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going!" The girl says. She has light mocha colored skin and she has short, black hair.

"It's fine. I was wondering if you could help me find my locker?" I ask.

"Yeah. Let me see your schedule." I hand her my schedule. As soon as she looks at it, her face brightens.

"Yay! Your locker is right next to mine and we have all the same classes but two. By the way, I'm Christina." I follow her to my locker. I put my stuff away and grab my science and math books.

"I'm Tris." Christina smiles at me and grabs my arm, dragging me down the hallway to my locker. I can tell we are going to be great friends!