Best Friends

[3rd Person Pov.]
(Y/N) and Harry went over things they both liked and Harry helped her with magic. She learned how to move small things like pebbles and pens, but she struggles with moving things like books and her bag.

"It's alright," Harry said after school, helping (Y/N) practice. "Here, try this." Harry stood behind her, his chest pressed against her back. He held (Y/N)'s hand in a cup around a stone. Their faces reddened as the stone shook and lifted. Harry lead her hands up as a signal to stand. They walked around with the stone hovering in the shelter her hands made.

Harry slowly let go, letting (Y/N) and the stone alone. (Y/N) lead the stone higher, straining her hands. Then it fell into her palm. (Y/N)'s face expression hardened and she threw rhe rock. "It's not working!" she shouted angrily. She stomped over to the Whomping Willow and sat down with a "Hmph!"

Harry sat down next to her. "It's because you got too excited. Don't react with strong emotion, maybe."

"Harry, it's not that simple. Hand Witches like me can't just practice everyday at a young age and all of a sudden become experts at magic."

"Maybe you'll be the first." Harry stood up and held out a hand. He helped (Y/N) up to her feet and failed to make eye contact with her, so he looked down. One of the Whomping Willow's branches touched the ground, giving them a branch to climb to get to the top. (Y/N) smiled and pulled Harry over to it.

They both climbed until the setting sun lit their faces. Harry looked at (Y/N) to see the golden light streaking jer face and hair. He turned away, blushing, hoping (Y/N) didn't see him looking. (Y/N), drawn to the light like a moth, walked forward on a long branch, not noticing how thin it was.

When she reached the middle, a SNAP sounded and (Y/N) was on the ground. She couldn't feel her right arm and was too dazed to sit up. She looked around to see Harry running to her. Her lips curled into a slight smile. The fact that someone came to help her filled her mind as she slipped into unconsciousness.

They were in the hospital wing, (Y/N) in bed with her arm in a cast. Harry sat next to the bed with her bag around his neck and on his lap. He couldn't help but notice that her scent had rubbed onto the fabric of the bag.

"It's just a broken arm, she'll be fine," Madam Pomfree said. "You should go to Gryffindor Tower now." Harry nodded and looked at (Y/N) one last time before leaving to go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Harry asked for permission to skip the school day to stay with his friend in the hospital swing. Professor Mcgonagall agreed and gave him a hallpass for the day in pity.

Harry sat next to (Y/N) as they talked. "Maybe after I heal up, my magic in my hand won't work anymore," (Y/N) joked. They both gave short laughs before turning away. There was an awkward silence before (Y/N) had an idea.

~SONG HERE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO READ THE LYRICS!~

" End of May or early June
This picture-perfect afternoon we shared
Drive the winding country road
Grab a scoop at À La Mode
And then we're there

An open field that's framed with trees
We pick a spot and shoot the breeze
Like buddies do
Quoting songs by our favorite bands
Telling jokes no one understands
Except us two
And we talk and take in the view

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way
Two friends on a perfect day

We walk a while and talk about
The things we'll do when we get out of school
Bike the Appalachian trail or
Write a book or learn to sail
Wouldn't that be cool?

There's nothing that we can't discuss
Like people we wish would notice us but never do
He looks around and says to me
"There's nowhere else I'd rather be"
And I say, "me too"

And we talk and take in the view
We just talk and take in the view

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way, this way

All we see is light for forever
'Cause the sun shines bright for forever
Like we'll be alright for forever this way
Two friends on a perfect day

And there he goes
Racing toward the tallest tree
From far across the yellow field I hear him calling, "follow me" there we go
Wondering how the world might look from up so high

One foot after the other
One branch then to another
I climb higher and higher
I climb 'til the entire
Sun shines on my face

And I suddenly feel the branch give way
I'm on the ground
My arm goes numb
I look around
And I see him come to get me
He's come to get me
And everything's okay

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Buddy, you and I for forever this way, this way

All we see is light
'Cause the sun burns bright
We could be alright for forever this way
Two friends
True friends
On a perfect day

Harry looked at his friend with a smile. She smiled back and shyly looked down at her cast.