chapter one - regulate

Monday 12th May 1998

"Okay girl I guess that's my brother beeping outside so ill phone you later, you sure you don't need a ride home?" Casia asked Jessica as she placed her work clothes in her locker.

"Nah girl I'm good, I'm spending the night with Ethan so you know..." Jessica smirked making Casia roll her eyes in disgust.

"I'll pass" she laughed. "Anyways I gotta go, have fun" she gave Jessica a hug and said goodbye to her boss.

As she walked outside Raheem was in his car with couple other boys. Casia sighed feeling pissed off. She hated driving with Raheem's friends because every time they be smelling like weed which didn't match Casia.

But she had no choice. She crossed over the road opening the front door hopping in.

"Not even a hello? Damn" Raheem asked as he frowned at his little sister as she faced the window.

"Hi bro, it would've been better if you could've dropped your little thugs home before you came to pick me up?" She said making his friends laugh.

"Man Casia, stop acting like a little bitch mane, he dropping yo ass home first" said Bishop as Casia turned around giving him a dirty look.

"Why don't you mind your damn business Bishop? Aw let me guess because you're a nosey asshole." She argued back making Bishop mad.

"Yo Raheem tell your little sister to pipe the fuck down..you lucky you a pretty bitch" replied Bishop making Casia turn around again but luckily her bother stepped in this time.

Q shook his head at Bishop telling him to stop.

"Bishop don't call my sister a bitch mane, C'mon now"

Casia folded her arms as she leaned her head on the window. They wasn't far from home. She just wanted to get away from these disrespectful ass boys.

After 10 minutes Raheem's pulled up outside the blocks of apartment letting Casia out.

She took off her seatbelt stepping out.

"Tell mama I won't be out too long, and don't open the door to anyone but me you hear me?" Casia ignored him nodding.

"Casia you hear?" He questioned again.

"Yes I hear you Raheem, just don't make me ride with them disrespectful niggas ever again" she said making Bishop give her a dirty look.

"Take yo fine stubborn ass inside" Said Bishop laughing as she walked off shaking her head.

She couldn't believe how her brother was really hanging around these immature niggas and she would now have to cover up for his ass again. Of course they were going to rob the corner stores again.

Within couple minutes they drove off leaving the streets quiet. That's how you know they were some loud ass niggas.

"What a couple dumb asses" said Casia speaking to herself as she let herself inside the block of flats.

She walked up the set of stairs which led to each floors of every apartment door. Not so bad because they lived on the third floor.

Finally reaching the third floor she opened the door wondering where her mama was.

"Mama I'm home" she said quietly locking the door.

She switched on the lights walking around, she checked her room just to see if she was there but she wasn't.

She then checked her room seeing her fast asleep with her windows wide open.

"Aw mama" Casia smiled bending down kissing her on the forehead as she placed the covers over her.

She then climbed up on her tip toes to close the window making her mama wake up.

"Who's is that?" She asked in her sleepy voice.

"It's me mama, Casia" she sat down beside her holding her hand.

"Aw my baby, your home finally how was work today?" said her mother making her laugh.

She nodded. "Yeah it was okay could've been better but it was really busy today"

"I can imagine" she said shaking her head. "Well you and Raheem's dinner in the kitchen matter of fact where is Raheem?"

Casia twisted her lips to the side. "Um well he went to drop Bishop home, he won't be too long" she lied.

"That boy I tell you his ass doesn't listen, I told him to stop hanging around those boys especially Bishop. He has no damn manners" she stressed out.

"I know mama but you know Raheem thinks we don't want the best for him, he would mostly listen to Q, Steel and Bishop"

Raheem

"Man where did you get that from?" asked Steel as Bishop took out a pistol from his waist area

"None of yo damn business Steel chill, y'all ready?" said Bipshop as Raheem, Q and Steel looked at eachother

"Yo yo watch how you pointing that gun dumb ass" Raheem warned Bishop

"What about the cops" asked Q making Bishop burst out in laughter.

Raheem nudged Q's shoulder "Bishop checked it out"

Steel decided to peep around the corner to see if outside was clear.

"Yo, there's two overlappin' patrols about three minutes apart We got to be fast y'all"

Raheem shook his head since he didn't feel this robbery would work . "I think we should plan this another time" he said making Q and Bishop look at him.

"This nigger's scared!" mocked Bishop as Raheem gave him a look.

"Hell no I have to dj Saturday night." said Q speaking up.

"Fuck that shit" yelled Bishop making Q mad. "We're goin' Saturday night, and that's it and I'll hold onto the gun" he continued

Steel frowned "Why him?" he said asking Raheem.

"Cause I already got it, motherfucker!" Bishop said still glaring at the pistol.

"Y'all really making this nigga hold the gun?" Steel whisperd to Q.

"Just let him hold the gun, The nigger be acting stupid" said Q quietly.

"Anyways Q What time you gotta be there"

"Before 9:00" replied Q
"We'll pick up your shit, just go over there, set you up and You'll be straight, man" said Bishop shrugging.

Q sighed shaking his head.

****

- yes this book will be giving a little juice tease!

(a/n) - but the first chapter! 😭 Hope you guys like it!! new chapter will be updated tomorrow.