"Athena, you and Erevu make it look so easy

"Athena, you and Erevu make it look so easy. And I'm sure Uru and Ahadi do not struggle as I do with Jasiri."

"It's not a matter of making it look easy, Sina. Erevu and I love each other, and he loves Naanda." Athena smiled as Naanda snuggled into her mother.

"Are you saying Jasiri doesn't love me?" Sina hissed, her ears bending back.

"Of course not, Sina." Athena sighed. "He does love you, I'm sure of it. He just doesn't have a very good way of showing it. And I'm sure he loves Riku, he is his son, after all. I just suppose that perhaps he wasn't ready for a cub yet."

Sina looked down at her cub and nuzzled him. "I wish he would just make up his mind. Sometimes he's the sweetest lion in the Pridelands, but recently he's just been so cold towards us."

"Do you want my honest advice, Sina?" Athena requested sadly. Sina nodded. "You're such a strong lioness, but lately you've needed Jasiri's approval for positively everything. I think it's time to start becoming that strong lioness again, Sina. For you son. Riku is going to need you at your strongest." Athena offered.

Sina had begun to answer defensively when a young baboon ran into the den. He was merely a child, but had a very free spirit and wisdom far beyond his age.

"Rafiki?" Athena asked, questioning his sudden hurry. "Rafiki what's wrong?"

"My mother," Rafiki paused to catch his breath. "she's told me to tell you," he paused again, breathing heavily due to his rush to the lionesses.

"Tell us what?" Sina demanded.

"Uru's having her cub!" He exclaimed joyfully.

Athena and Sina smiled widely at each other. "We must go see her!" Athena exclaimed, nearly jumping up with joy. "Does Ahadi know?"

Rafiki nodded. "Come on, Rafiki knows the way!" He laughed excitedly as he started out of the den.

He led the two lionesses as they carried their cubs to a small cave at the bottom of Pride Rock. They could hear Uru's cries. When they arrived, they waited outside until Shauri gave them the okay to go in.

"Mommy, what's wrong with the queen?" Naanda asked Athena, looking up at her with confusion.

"She's having her cub, Naanda." Athena smiled.

"Does she have to do it so loudly?" Riku whimpered, covering his ears with his paws.

Athena and Sina laughed in unison. "It's not easy to do, my son." Sina tried to stifle her laughing. "Riku, why don't you and Naanda go to the watering hole now?" she offered up to the cubs.

Naanda was excited immediately, jumping up in excitement. "Come on Riku, can we?" She smiled at her friend.

Riku didn't want to go to the watering hole, but he wanted to get away from the cave even more. The queen was being awfully loud.