"I'm already ahead of you ma." I replied making us both laugh.

I love my momma and I love helping her cook but when it comes to these dinners, cook-outs & the holidays momma being doing way too much.

If I'm already making one dish she'll tell me to make something else and when I do it she'll question it forgetting that she told me to do this. So when she's cooking I try to stay out of her as much as possible.

I walked over towards the bench where my little sister was sitting at while she watched Woody, Keon & two other boys play basketball.

"Hey Des."

"Hey Si. Where you was?"

"In the kitchen talking to mom and trying to sneak some food until she caught me." We both laughed.

"Who are those boys playing with Ke & Wood?"

"Eric & Tony."

"Ayeee I haven't seen Eric in a while that was my little-wait a minute did you say Eric and Tony?"

"Yes Si I did and chill before you make a scene." Destiny said smoothing out her sundress and then crossing her legs.

"You really like this boy don't you?"

"Si nooo I told you we are just friends."

"Girl bye you probably can shoot that stuff to momma, daddy and even Keon big headed self but not me okay. Trust me I know when a friendship starts to become more, I was in your same shoes now like at me, dating the biggest goof ball on earth who was also and still is my best friend." I smiled while looking at him.

"Were you scared when you admitted your feelings to him?" Destiny asked as she played with the end of her dress.

I started to answer her but I saw the guys walking towards us so I quickly told her we'll talk later.

"Now y'all know the reason we all came over here was because mama said we were going to have dinner now look at y'all y'all all sweaty and stuff."

"Shut up. You always talking." Keon swung his shirt at her making her jump a little.

"Don't try to show out cause you know I'll put you on your backside in a minute."

"I'll put you on yours so leave that boy alone." Woody said as he laid on my lap.

"I wasn't talking to you I was talking to my brother."

"But I was talking to you though." He replied looking up at me.

"Boom I guess he told you." Keon said making all of us laugh.

"Shut up."

We all got up and went inside of the house so we could eat & so the guys could take showers and put on new clothes.

When we walked in momma shook her head as the guys went upstairs.

"Now I know I told them boys good we was having dinner tonight which means don't play too hard & don't sweat and guess what they do anyway." She shook her head and turned over the last piece of hot water cornbread.

"Y'all must got some more bathrooms added upstairs?"

"Yeah ya daddy & uncle Charles did it a couple weeks ago."

"Well hello divas the queen has arrived."

I looked up and saw my aunt Sabrina, my mom's baby sister, & her daughter Isabella (6).

"Hey aunt Brina, how you doing?"

"I'm doing wonderful darling and look at you all grown up and look fierce just like auntie Sabrina." She laughed, "how is college treating you?"