Chapter One

At age 23, Jessica Perez is just about to start her career, she finished her apprenticeship working as an architect's assistant one year ago and she passed the licensure exam as an architect just a month ago. She was even in the top ten, sixth place to be exact. She was thrilled and relieved at the same time. She studied hard for the academic side of the board and she has hands on experience which helped her a lot. She owe it to the previous job she has working as an apprentice. Now, it was her turn to work as a full pledged architect. She is excited about her new job, architect I. That was her job title. She likes the title, the sound of it. The company is a construction and design company called New World Design and Construction Inc.It is a local company but growing into becoming well known in Asia and slowly conquering the North America.

She is proud of herself, if only her mother can see how she has become- she would have been proud of her.

Jessica lost her mom at age sixteen after her battle with ovarian cancer. Her dad remarried and she has a half-brother aged 8- Bryan. Although she was never close to her dad, she loves her half-brother and they have a close relationship with each other.

Her step-mom is nice,too unlike the cliche about stepmothers. Although her relationship with her is civil. She can never replace her own mother.

She since lived by herself at age seventeen. She worked part time as she studied. Her dad helped her pay for college but she insisted on being a working student. She was determined to succeed and show her dad she is capable who is also an architect himself- although now, retired as an architect and just teaches in the University.

She made sure to sleep early last night so as not for her to be late on her first day of work.

She chose a light green long chiffon long sleeves and paired it with a khaki palazzo pants. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and puts her eyeglasses on. She looks distinguished- she likes it.

She walked in the building of her new workplace displaying her ID to the guard on duty who was checking employees ID.

The building is a five story building occupied by the company alone.

She heads into the elevator which was about to close but managed to get in before it finally closes.

Her floor is on the fourth. Fifth is supposed to be the executive offices.

It was just her and two others- one was a female and the other,male. She smiled at them- and they smiled back at her.

She held on to her convertible bag which can be both used as handbag and messenger bag.

The two got off on the third floor meaning they are on the drafting division.

Jessica stepped out of the elevator and walked on the hallway leading towards the architectural design offices.

Once inside she saw a familiar face, the person who interviewed her was there with another one who she recognized as an applicant she saw back then when she was applying here. She smiled at th and said 'Good morning."

"Arch. Perez good morning. Welcome to New World, you met Arch. Villa before right? You are going to work together," he said.

"Hi, a pleasure to be working with you Arch. Villa..thanks Arch.Fernando," Jessica said.

The guy smiled, she saw a dimple appear when he did, "Likewise, you can call me Rob.." He said as he offered his hand for a handshake.

Jessica smiled and shook his hand after she shook Arch. Fernando's.

He showed them their own workstation- it was next to each other.