14

Draco POV

Draco grabbed his wand off his nightstand and a set of clothes and headed for the showers.

He stared into the mirror the blackening circles under his eyes making his face dark and gray.

His pale complexion shining in the golden glow of the candles. He stripped his clothes off, stepping into the steamy, hot water.

Memories flowed out of the back of his mind into clear vision. The look of fear in Hermione eyes as his father wrapped his large hand around her neck pointing his wand at her. The daring, cold look in Lucious' eyes warning Draco not to move. He remembered The evil smile plastered across his face as pain shot all through his body hearing Hermione scream his name before blackening out.

All to wake up with Hermiones hand in his staring at him with kind eyes. Remembering the feel of her lips on his. The smooth feeling of her body on his. Her laugh filling his ears her bright smile trailing him into her. Hermiones smile. And the "know it all" attitude. He loves it all. The whole damn package.

His thoughts continued to flow through his mind bringing back all the pain and hurt but also filling him with a type of happiness he couldn't describe.

Hermione POV

Hermione stares at the mirror. Tre bruises on her neck left by Lucius on the astronomy tower. She was happy it was winter and could cover them with her scarf. The wind blew outside shaking the glass windows slightly. The beads of nervous sweat trailing down her forehead. The shakiness of her hands as the slowly worked their way up and around her hair to brush it out.

"Are you coming Hermione?" Ginny's voice came from the common room.

"Coming!" It will be nice to get out with the girls and go down to hogmeade.

•••

"How does the three broomsticks sound?" Luna asked.

"Sounds ok to me." Ginny replied.

"Yeah, okay." Hermione looked around. For some reason Draco was the last person she wanted to see.

They went in and sat down all of them ordering a Butterbeer. Hermione looked around again and again and spotted Draco.

"Oh god, hide me please." She slipped under the table.

"Hey, have either of you seen Hermione?" He asked.

Luna and Ginny looked at each other.

"Err, no." Luna said looking at Ginny.

"If you see her tell her to meet me at the lake." He walked away.

Hermione rose from under the table.

"Alright. What was that all about?" Ginny stared at Hermione. She bit her lip.

"I don't know, I just have a funny feeling about today."

The two girls stared at Hermione and went back to their drink.

••••

Hermione got back to the common room and decided not to go to dinner tonight. Instead get some sleep, or study. Anything is better than being somewhere where Draco would find her.

"Password." The fat lady said as she glared at the brown haired girl.

"Pugwallie" Hermione said the the portrait opened up and she walked through.

"Draco! What the hell are you doing in here?!" Hermione was starring right at her pale faced, white haired lover.

"Well. Since you obviously was avoiding me today I decided to go the one place you can't avoid me." He said with a smug grin.

"Well that was clever but you can't be here. It's the Gryffindor common room." She looked into his eyes. She could feel the fire burning in hers, for she was merely angry with him because he knows all to well he shouldn't be here.

"Look. I just wanna know why you're avoiding me." He took her hand in his and looked at the floor sadly.

"I'm not avoiding you... I just- I just... I don't know.."

Draco looked up into her eyes.

"Do you think you can take some time off of avoiding me to go to the dance with me?" He smiled shyly.

"Yes, I will." Hermione laughed and kissed his cheek. "Now get the hell out of this common room."

•••

As Hermione was walking to meet with Ron and Harry and when she tuned the corner she ran right into Blaise and Ron.

"What the devil is going on here?" Hermione stared at the two boys. Blaise had Ron pinned to the wall at the shoulders and Ron had a scared look on his face when he saw Hermione.

"It really isn't what it looks like." Ron exclaimed and he attempted to push Blaise off.

"Oh. It isn't, because it looks like I'm asking you out." Blaise looked at Ron.

Ron gave Hermione a look that was just crying for help.

"Sorry Blaise but Ron and I need to be somewhere." She grabbed his wrist and pulled Ron away.

After they turned the corner Hermione let go.

"Thanks Hermione"

Hermione shot him a look.

"Next time get yourself away"

"I try, he just won't listen."

"Mmm" Hermione said and walked right toward hagrids to meet Harry.

______________

I'm sooo sorry. This chapter is horrible. It's a filler. I needed to post something and I had zero ideas. Anyway thanks for everyone's votes and comments. Really appreciate it.

Kitten out<3