Candles in the trees

Waking up, Brantley reached over for her boyfriend. Instead of the warm body of Andrew, she felt the cold, messed up sheet and blankets. Sighing, Brantley got out of bed and thought about what she was going to do with her day. Her thoughts were interrupted with her phone ringing, she picked up her phone and a picture of Andrew was on the screen.

"Yeah?" she didn't even tried to keep the annoyance out of her voice.
"Hey, I'm hanging out with the boys today." Brantley rolled her eyes at this.
"Yeah, I figured that out. When I woke up in bed alone. Again."
"Why are you so annoyed right now? I'm just hanging out with my friends. You shouldn't be annoyed over that."
"Which boys are you hanging out with Andrew?" she knew who they were though, it's always the same ones.
"Brock, Betts, and Bradley."
"The same Brock, Betts, and Bradley you play baseball with?"
"What's your point Brantley?"
"If you need to ask that Andrew, then you need to seriously rethink our relationship."
"Look Brantley, I don't have time for this. I need to go." and with that, Andrew hung up on you. Frustrated, you scream and throw your phone across the room. He's been leaving all the time when he gets to be home. He's not home all the time due to the traveling he does with the Red Sox, but when he gets to be home, he hasn't spent anytime here with Brantley, who's been with him for the last 5 years. She stood up, and started going through her list of things to do today. She had laundry that needed to be finished. Groceries that had to be bought. And she had a lunch planned with her best friend, Court. Deciding she needed to get started, Brantley went into her bathroom, showered and got dressed. After she found her worn out Vans, she grabbed her purse with her phone and keys, and went out the door, locking it behind her. The grocery story was a nightmare, people everywhere. Brantley finally made it home, put the groceries away, switched the laundry over and left to go meet Court.

"BRANTLEY!" Court yelled and hugged her best friend "I've miss you!"
"I've missed you too Court. Let's go, I'm starving!"
Court and Brantley ordered their food and sat down at the table. The friends were laughing and having fun until Brantley looked around, not believing what she saw.
"What the flying fuck!?" Court cocked an eyebrow at her best friend and followed her gaze. "Is that Andrew?! And who's the slut?!" Brantley stood up with tears in her eyes, "I have to go." She didn't know how she made it home, as she was crying the whole time. How could he do this to her?! After everything they've been through, how could he just through it all away for some cheap floozy, even if the suit she was wearing wasn't cheap. Brantley looked around the bedroom. She stood up and walked over to the walk in closet and turned on the light. She started gathering her clothes and shoes, putting them on the bed. She got her suitcase down off the shelf and started packing her things. Brantley went to her dresser, tossing her clothes on the bed, and grabbed a couple bags to out her stuff from the bathroom in. She looked over at the clock. Shit, it's already 800pm, Andrew will more than likely be home soon. She wanted to be gone by the time he got here. She grabbed her bags and took them downstairs. Brantley walked around the house, looking to see if she missed anything. She didn't hear Andrew come home.

"BABE?" Andrew called from the front door, looking at the bags questionly. "BRANTLEY? WHY ARE THERE BAGS BY THE DOOR?" Andrew walked around the downstairs floor looking for Brantley, moving upstairs when he didn't find her. "BRANTLEY" He heard crying coming from downstairs, confused since he looked there and didn't find her. He jogged down the stairs and found her crying on the couch. "Babe? What's wrong?" he sat down by her and tried to out his arm around her, only for Brantley to shrug him off.
"I don't understand where I went wrong, Andrew. Didn't I support you enough? Did I not give you your space? Did I love you too much? Did I not love you enough? Just tell me what I did?"
"Brantley, what are you talking about?"
"I'm talking about why you're never home when you have home games or time off. You haven't spent time with me you're out with the boys."
"They're my friends Bran."
"I know they are Andrew! You also spend everyday with them during the season! And spring training! What about me? I was your girlfriend!" Andrew sighed.
"Babe, you're right, I should have spent time with you instead of them. How about we do something tomorrow? Just the two of us?"
"I know you were at Freddy's today." Andrew looked at her wide eyed and shocked "I know you're cheating on me"
"Babe, I wasn't cheating on you." He could understand how she would think that, but hopefully she'll change her mind once he explains.
"Andrew, don't lie to me. I know better. I just want to know why" Andrew sighed again, this was not the way he planned to do this.
"Brantley, there's an explanation to my behavior lately. As to why I've been out with the guys and why you saw me with that girl. Her name is Tiffani and she's been helping me design something, and the boys have been helping me plan." Brantley look at him funny.
"Design what? Plan what?" Andrew smiled as he stood up and grabbed her hand.
"Come with me, I want to take you somewhere." Brantley walked out with him to his car still puzzled as to what was going on.
"Mi lady." she chuckled at the funny accent he tried to use when he opened her door for her.
"Why, thank you my good sir."
They drove for a few minutes, in silence. Andrew's smile never left his face, and his hand never left hers.
"Hey Beni?" He smiled even wider, she hadn't called him that in a long time. He glanced over at her.
"Yeah babe?"
"You do know it's like 10pm right?"
"Yeah, I know. Now, stay right here." Andrew pulled over, opened his door, and jogged over to her side. "I'm sorry babe, but I have to blindfold you." Brantley didn't fight him, knowing it wouldn't do any good. After a few more minutes of driving, Brantley heard the car stop, and Andrew get out.
"Bran, I'm going to guide you okay? I won't let anything happen to you. Just trust me okay?"
"I trust you with my life, Andrew." even though she couldn't see, Brantley knew Andrew smiled when she said that. After walking a couple minutes, Andrew came to a stop.
"I'm going to take off the blindfold now okay?" he took off the blindfold and Brantley gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.
"Oh Andrew," she said breathlessly. She was speechless. They were surrounded by hundreds of candles in the grass, and there were candles in the trees. Red and black rose petals were around the candles.
"Do you like it?" instead of answering with words, she turned around and gently kissed him. "I'm sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you and hanging out with the boys. We were planning this for you, and I knew I couldn't do it by myself."
"It's gorgeous, but why are we out here?"
"Brantley, we've been together 5 years, soon to be 6. I never thought I would fall in love, but then there you were, right behind home plate, wearing my jersey. I wanted to meet you so bad. I didn't mean to hit you with that foul ball, but I'm glad I did. It gave me a chance to meet you. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You're sweet, caring, loving, and the most amazing person I know. You're the Sally to my Jack. The Emily to my Victor. In the words of Tim Burton, my dearest friend, is you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars. And sit together now and forever for it is plain, as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be. With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup shall never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." Andrew got down on one knee, and pulled out a black box. "Will you marry me?" Brantley by now had tears streaming down her face.
"I would love to marry you." Andrew put the ring on her finger. He picked her up and spun her around while he kissed her, both of them laughing.
"Wait a minute, who was the Tiffani chick??"
"She's one the ring designers for the jewelry store I went too." Shock crossed Brantley's face.
"You designed the ring?"
"I couldn't find one that I thought would fit you just perfectly." Even more tears escaped her eyes now.
"Andrew, you could have asked me with a .25 cent ring from one of those machines and like Walmart that would turn my finger green. I would have still said yes." Andrew smiled down at her.
"I know babe, but you deserve the best. I love you Bran."
"I love you too Beni Boo"

""I love you too Beni Boo"