"Madhav would come tomorrow. I will try not to put some severe penalty on you," Colonel said trying to assure Manik. Manik nodded before he took colonel's leave. 

It had to be doom day where he had landed himself in a very embarrassing situation. He should have been careful. Next day was dreaded now. It was surely going to bring more insult to his spotless run in academy. 

___________

Nandini laid in her bed thinking about a lot of things. She had a list now which her father wanted her to fulfill. Conversation with him was nothing less than a business deal.  It started with some basic expected demands how she must stop seeing Manik. Nandini knew even her father knew it was such a waste attempt. There was no way she could stop seeing her kitten. So demands got a little downgraded. Now she had three hell to endure. 

First, a dinner where she would have to behave. It wasn't ordinary dinner as per her father. Mr Renesh Samuel was guest of honor and she was supposed to play good daughter. Nandini agreed. She had to save her cadet from evil eye of her father. Deal wasn't much of loss. She could pull this dinner thing. 

Second, she was expected to take this seminar seriously. Her dad couldn't know if she sleeps through it or daydream. So nodding her head wasn't much of task. 

Third, She couldn't go to academy until her seminar was over. This one got a little disputable. She tried negotiating but it was a bad time. She had to comply. Few days couldn't harm, could it?

Deal wasn't much of one sided. In return, her father promised to spare Manik. She knew what this service meant to Manik, she could do this little something for her sincere kitten at least. 

She sighed thinking how life was becoming a battle ground ever since Manik had walked into it. She felt like a warrior princess whose prince was on stake. She felt so much responsible. Her cadet had a training to complete and she had to make sure he would. Big bad cats had their eyes on him.

_________

Wearing his uniform, Manik walked to Colonel's office. He could sense something unpleasant was coming his way. Mr Murthy was supposed to visit and there was going to be one cruel trial. 

He knocked the door and heard Colonel calling him inside. Someone sat in chair and it surely didn't look like Mr Murthy. It was someone fluffy. 

"Daadu," Manik exclaimed in joy as Brigadier Murthy turned around with a smile. His feet halted as soon as Colonel Singh let a growl out. 

"Tell me, what should I do with him?" Colonel asked sincerely. Manik couldn't stop smiling inwardly. He knew nothing could go wrong now. 

"My son wants me to take care of it," Daadu spoke picking up the cup of tea. 

"And I care for this boy a little too much," He added and Manik bit his lip totally controlling the urge to go hug Daadu. He couldn't sleep all night thinking about horrible morning to be followed. He had never thought morning would be such a darling. 

"So I simply want you to let him go," Daadu spoke casually and Colonel sighed in relief. 

He glared Manik not wanting the young man to feel privileged. 

"You are getting some from me," Colonel revealed and Manik put a straight face. 

"You are restricted to go out on weekend. Instead you will be doing extra drills," He added. Manik straightened his torso and responded in positive. 

"You may go, Cadet," Colonel said still sounding hell mad. Manik looked at smiling Daadu and marched out. 

Colonel sighed as soon as Manik left the room.