25

Ren's POV
Everything was blurry to me for a moment. I think we kissed and OH GOD- WE- OUR LIPS LOCKED FOR A MOMENT! I-i "I like you" I blurted out and quickly covered my mouth with both hands. "Fuck you Ren, why do you have to ruin things!" I mentally scolded myself but Alex just looked at me with the loveliest smile I've ever seen. "I like you too" she said, holding my hands while she rubs tiny circles with her thumbs. The both of us say there, smiling like we're high of some kind of drugs, and she's my drug that I can never get enough of.

Alex's POV
"Ren?" I said. "I know we just had our first kiss and I mean, I want you but why don't you let me take you out on a few dates first, then if you still want to be mine, we will but for now, let's take it slow aite? I j-just don't want you to regret your decision..." I said, hoping she'll understand. "You know I'll still want you by the end of the day right? You do know that, right Al? And to answer your question, I'll go on dates with you doofus!" She let out a chuckle and I swear I'd buy it if someone puts it on iTunes and make I'll make it my ringtone. Instead of replying, I took her hand in mine and kissed her knuckles. We sat on that old wooden bench at the park for god knows how long.

Ren fell asleep halfway watching the sunset while all I could do was admire her beauty, even when she's sleeping, she looks so beautiful. I know I've liked her ever since I first met her back in kindergarten, but today has been nothing but a dream and I'm afraid of waking up — afraid of losing everything in a blink of an eye — but I know, this time, it's real.

Ren's POV
I slowly stir awake, my neck hurts a little but it's nothing I can't handle. I could feel Alex running her hand in my hair and I think that's my new favourite gesture now. I hugged her tighter, letting her know that I'm awake right now and she left a peck on my head. We continued to sit there for a good 10 minutes until my stomach started to grumble. "I guess someone's hungry for some pizzas?" Alex guessed and I nodded eagerly like a five year old being asked if she wants to go a candy store! Alex laughed at me and gave me a piggyback ride even though I was reluctant and I hesitated at first but god damn it she decided to make her puppy face and at last, I gave in.

We got to my favourite diner just a few blocks away from the place we always have our interviews and I insisted it was a date but Alex denied and said our first date would be so much better and she too didn't let me pay for dinner and even got me Ben & Jerry's strawberry cheesecake flavour because they only had one flavour? Like who the fuck sells one out of so many flavours? But it's lovely of Alex to even get me one even though I said i was full but she knows me too god damn well to fall for my lies. She dropped me off at my place before 10, knowing my parents would still stay up just to wait for me and she doesn't want to be killed even before making it official. She ran towards my side of the car and opened the door for me. "I had a really good time... urm–" She leaned in slowly and kissed me on the lips, making it less awkward because I honestly didn't know what to say and I'm really bad at goodbyes, like I hate goodbyes. We broke the kiss and looked at each other lovingly until Alex saw my mom looking out of the window and panic took over her but I managed to calmed her down, pecked her cheeks and thanked her for everything. We said our goodbyes and it was definitely hard to let go of her hands as they fit so perfectly but I know this is just the starting of an amazing journey.