"Nah, you eat at the table with everyone else," he growled meeting her stance. His 6'7" frame towering over her. "Sit down."

      Jamie glanced at her aunt who's eyes darted between the two. "I'm gonna go eat my room," she repeated as she turned away with her plate in hand, slowly walking down the hall.

    Still within earshot she could make out Greg complaining. "See, that's the shit I'm talking about Pamela. You let her disrespectful ass do whatever she fuckin' wants. Ever since she was little. It don't work like that." Reaching her door, she heard his final words before shutting it. "What you need to do is discipline her. I been saying that shit for the longest time..."

    Laying across her bed on her laptop she read over the confirmation email. Saturday, February 12, 2005. There was no mention of it from anyone but her best friend and him. They seemed to be the only ones know cared about this weekends event.

Jamie didn't hear the chime, but the flashing in the corner of the screen caught her eye. It was him, as always, checking in since she managed to drift further away from him.

PrncN1sn: hi
JJTrace: Not now.
PrncN1sn: well when?
PrncN1sn: U haven't stayed after class in a while
PrncN1sn: u mad? avoiding me?
JJTrace: Would you chill.
PrncN1sn: really? would u grow up?
PrncN1sn: if it's something botherin u, talk about it
PrncN1sn: dnt push ppl away
PrncN1sn: u only make it worst 4 urself
JJTrace: Are you done?

    Jamie studied the screen for a long while, waiting for another slew of messages. Instead, she received one.

PrncN1sn: Jamie, talk 2 me. How can this work if u won't do that?

    Jamie read over the two sentence message. She knew he was right. Communication in any relationship is key, but this was a relationship that shouldn't have formed to begin with. The rules are different. Right?

    She assumed he grew tired of waiting and decided to change the subject, unknowingly hitting the nail on the head.

PrncN1sn: when r u leaving 4 Chicago?
JJTrace: I don't know
PrncN1sn: r u driving? flying? train?
JJTrace: I don't know
PrncN1sn: what do u mean "i don't know"
JJTrace: I think she forgot. I'll figure it out though.
PrncN1sn: nothing to figure. eye will take u
PrncN1sn: friday after class, we'll drive over. get a hotel. do what u gotta do. b back sunday nite.
JJTrace: You really don't have to
PrncN1sn: yes eye do. wish eye could do more

    Letting his words linger, she embraced the fact that she missed him terribly these last few weeks.

PrncN1sn: u there?
JJTrace: Yea...
PrncN1sn: talk 2 me
PrncN1sn: write somethin
PrncN1sn: better yet...

    Jamie struggled to type a full response before her phone rang. She scooped up the device, studying his name that filled the screen. Hitting accept, she held it to her ear. "Hi..."

    "Hi. You picked up."

    "Yeah," she mumbled, rolling onto her back.

    "What's going on, Jamie?"

    "Nothing..."