Stiches

“Alex, Alex come on, wake up,” I faintly heard a voice say.

My eyelids were heavy, my head was pounding and every sensation on my body hurt. I slowly opened my eyes letting the light in. I squinted from it and slowly rose up. Then I  quickly realized what had happened to me. My eyes shot open wide, and I quickly jumped up.

“Easy Alex easy,” Ty said.

“No,” I said as I franticly looked at my surroundings.

 Everything was gone, there was nothing left to the village. There was still small flames coming from the rubble but that was it. I saw bones across the way, human bodies, animal corps, every piece of innocent life just gone.

“I did this,” I said starting to hyperventilate. “I can’t believe I did this. I murdered innocent people!”

Tears where forming in my eyes as they started to burn. I fell to my knee’s, I did’t want to cry to show weakness to the guy’s but I couldn’t hold it in. 

“Alex it wasn’t your fault, you couldn’t control that much power,” Dave said as he touched my back.

“Don’t touch me!” I yelled at him as I jumped up. 

I back up as the tears started rolling down my eyes, I put my hands up to my head in rage grabbing my hair.

“I should be able to control it! I need to be able to! All if these people were depending on me and I let them down! They all died because I couldn’t do what they wanted me to do. Protect them! What the hell is wrong with me, I can’t do this! What if it happens again and it’s a city I level!” I cried.

“Alexandra clear your head of this nonsense, this even could not have been avoided,” Azura said.

“No Azura no! I need to be able to control it, I can’t do it, I can’t!” I yelled as I fell back down to my knees sobbing. 

“Alex, use this to your advantage and learn to control it, use this energy and hate that you feel towards them and use it on the dark riders, use that raw energy, that rage and obliterate them,” Eric said as he bent down next to me. 

I looked up at him and took a deep breath. 

“Now stand up like an ultimate rider and lead us to their doom,” he said with a burning desire in his voice.

I wiped the tears off my face and stood up. 

“Lets kill these bastards,” I said.

I got onto Azura’s back and we quickly took off with everyone else trailing behind me. I know that everyone is worn out and hungry, I can hear their stomachs growling. Ty and Aldric flew up next to me and Azura.

“We need to rest and get food,” I yelled over to Ty.

“Yes, I see a clearing in the forest where we can land about 3 miles ahead,” Ty said before Aldric taking the lead. 

I looked ahead and also saw it. Just big enough for the dragons to land in. As we approached it I heard heavy footsteps marching along the forest. 

“Do you hear that?’ I said to Ty.

“Faintly yes. Sounds like Misthreaths. A vile cruel demon that feeds on the souls on innocents. It’s dead eyes see’s through everything, and take away everything that makes you happy. It pears into your soul and takes what makes you you. Leaving nothing but and empty lifeless body. But the worst thing it wont kill you, it just leaves you numb,” he said.

“So depression, it gives you depression,” I said.

“Yes, when you look at it that way it is along the lines of that,” he said.