Chapter 6

"I've got it. Probably our knew neighbors coming to say hello. Be pleasant, please Carter." Rory gives a pleading look to her brother as she goes to the door.

Rolling her eyes, Carter leans against the kitchen island, watching his sister. His neighbors were probably some old couple, or a preppy rich kid. God, why would anyone ever move to the suburbs?

"I can't be pleasant, so how about I go stay in my room?" Carter murmurs, pushing off of the island. He heads to the stairs, feeling the harsh glare Rory was sending him.

"Whatever Carter. You'll have to get over the move someday."

"The day I get over this move, is the day I move back home." He marches up the stairs, heading to "his" room. This house felt so lonely, lonelier than his old home. This home was empty, with no memories, or a family.

Dramatically, Carter flops down on to his bed, pulling out his phone. He could hear voices downstairs, but couldn't make out the words. Sighing, he opens his contacts, scrolling to Amelia's contact, which Amelia had entered as "Bad Bitch". He clicks the call button, but instead of hearing his best friend's voice, he just heard ringing. Damn time zones, it was 2pm there, of course she wouldn't pick up.

This day just kept getting worse.
-
-
The three teenagers waited patiently on the porch for the door to open. Finally, it was opened by a young woman.

"Hi, my name is Nero, these are my sisters, Oriana and Reneta. We live right next door." Nero nods his head to the right to indicate where he lived. "We came to welcome you to the neighborhood."

"Oh thank you! I was so worried there would be this like cult thing where the whole town blocked us out." The woman laughs nervously before realizing how stupid her joke was. "My name is Rory. My brother, Carter, is in his room. He's actually the same age as all of you."

"I look forward to getting to know him. What grade is he in?" Reneta asks, trying to take over Nero's spot as head of the welcome committee. They always did this. No matter the situation, all of the Connor kids would fight for leadership.

"He's a junior. If any of you could befriend him, or help him out at school, that'd mean a lot. Obviously, he left behind all his friends." Rory smiles, staring at the teenagers in front of her hopefully.

"Well, lucky for you, I'm a junior as well! And I'd love to hangout with Carter!" Nero smiles, swooping in to be the hero.

"Oh thank you! I appreciate it more than you could know! The past few years haven't been easy, and I hope this move will fix that."

"Hey, it's no problem. I could always use more friends, and I'm sure my sisters would hang out with him too." Nero looks at his sisters who nod their heads frantically.

"Well thank you for coming over. I better get back to unpacking." And with that, Rory closed the door.
-
-
I am truly sorry for how short the chapters have been really. I'll try harder. The next chapter should be longer since it will have more of a plot. Anyways, enjoy. Sorry for the wait.