“How about your other friends? How are things going with Mr Potter and Weasley?” she continued.

I hesitated, “Well… everything’s fine with Harry. He’s with Ginny most of the time though, so I don’t see him much anymore. I’m not really on speaking terms with Ron right now though.” I explained. McGonagall looked up at me from her tea.

         “What happened?” she asked, “I’m sorry if I’m too curious. I just want to make sure you’re okay. The three of you had a rough year; well, we all did. I hope it’s okay to talk a little.” Continued the professor. I smiled, it was a little uncomfortable to sit and talk to my headmistress about these things. But I had no one else to talk to, and I needed to talk with someone.

         “We broke up.” I quietly said. McGonagall’s eyebrows shot up.

         “Oh, I’m sorry.” She genuinely said while putting her teacup down.

         “It’s okay. I still like him a lot, but my love for him vanished when I caught him cheating.” I mumbled, “I just don’t really want to see him any more.”

... 

It had been nice sitting with McGonagall, she listened to me when I complained about Ron and she tried making me feel better. Around suppertime she sent me down to the Great Hall, so I could eat. On my way down I heard my stomach growl. It was then I remembered I hadn’t eaten anything all day. When I got to the Great Hall, I stopped at the end of the Gryffindor table. I saw Harry, Ron and Ginny sitting a little further down. I looked up at the teachers’ table and caught McGonagall’s eyes. She smiled slightly and nodded at me. Earlier she had told me to just act like Ronalds’ friend. Ignoring the fact that we had just broken up. I wondered if he had told Harry yet. I took a deep breath and walked across the floor to join them. Ginny was the first to notice me; her sad expression told me she knew. I sat down next to her, avoiding Ron’s eyes.

         “Hey guys.” I mumbled while taking some food. Ron didn’t answer but both Harry and Ginny answered me with overly excited greetings, trying to make the situation less awkward. It didn’t really work though.

         “Where have you been all day?” Ginny asked. I looked at Ron first, but when I saw he was looking at me as well, I quickly glanced at her instead.

         “Uhm, in my room. Around the castle and stuff like that. I just got out of McGonagalls’ office, she invited me for a cup of tea.” I shrugged and began eating.

I finished quickly and excused myself from the table, so I could get back to my common room. I just wanted this day to be done. I basically growled the password at the cat before I walked in.

         “Whoa…  What happened to you?” I sighed, annoyed, and turned to face Draco who lay on the couch. He had jut put down a book.

         “I don’t want to talk about it.” I growled. Draco looked sceptically at me and began to rise from the couch.

         “Hey. Talk to me sweetheart. I can tell something’s wrong.” He said as he made his way towards me. I turned away from him.

         “Ron broke up with me.” I whispered. I felt Draco’s hand on my shoulder; he turned me around again. I looked down at the ground.

         “He’s a jerk. You should be relieved to be rid of him.” He said.

I looked at him, “I know you’re trying to make me feel better, but it’s not really working.” He lifted his hand and caressed my cheek; I leaned into his hand and closed my eyes.