Date me

•••••••

C H A P T E R T W O

R I L E Y A D A M S

•••••••

TRAILING ALONGSIDE ONE of my best friend's: Finn, I listened to his excessive rambling. I really wasn't interested in the conversation since my mind was clouded with much more dire matters, although I certainly wasn't going to tell him that.

I was barely managing to listen to his chattering right now and I didn't know how much more of it I could take. "So what do you think...should I, or should I not?" he asked causing my eyes to widen and my mouth to hung open like a fish.

Well shit. I thought as I stuttered, making me sound more idiotic than ever.

"I-uh, I think you- shouldn't-..." Looking at his expression I could immediately sense that saying shouldn't was not the answer he was looking for.

"-shouldn't worry too much and you definitely should." I grinned as his frown remained, his emerald green eyes free of all emotions as his face became serious.

Not a second later, he cracked a grin, that glee spark returning as he swept his blond hair out of his face.

"See, this is exactly why you're my best friend, I just knew I could count on you to listen and tell me that I'm absolutely right." Nervously laughing at the situation itself, I smiled in return.

A small and soft laughter escaped my lips. We turned the corner and headed towards the cafeteria, our shoulders side by side as we made our way towards the line.

"You know-..." He started as he picked up a blue tray and began to fill it up with many different foods, varying from tomato pasta, to a baguette, a bowl of soup, a tub of ice cream and finally, a chocolate chip cookie.

Grabbing my tray grumpily, I followed behind Finn, taking a seat at our usual table.

Finn Sanders was my best friend-my brother even. We grew up together and thankfully hadn't drifted apart, despite having very few classes together and living in opposite sides of town from each other.

Finn was on the track team and it didn't take a genius to tell that he was a ladies man with those enticing emerald green eyes of his and that dirty blond hair. He knew he looked good and that very confidence that had a large population of the girls in our year fawning over him.

I was thankful that he wasn't a player, though. I swear to god if he ever decided to go down that path I'd be there with a pair of scissors, ready to snip off a 'prized possession' of his.

Besides, he had a girlfriend, Kayla-who believe it or not was also another one of my best friends.

We were a trio but much like a lot of the other's in school, we kept to ourselves. We were just 3 ordinary teens living an ordinary life.

It didn't take long for Kayla and Finn to get together since the minute we befriended Kayla there was this instant spark between the two of them.

"Guys, guys, guys." Came Kayla's voice as she ran towards us, her blue eyes glimmering with warmth as she took a seat next to Finn, across from me.