Chapter Ten

I only feel well enough to do one update today and that's it. My other stories won't be updated until I'm home which will hopefully be next week if my test results come back clear. Thank you guys for your love and support, please keep me in your prayers! Enjoy this chapter and sorry if there are any mistakes I'm updating on my phone and I normally do it on my laptop. 

RECAP: James got summoned back home and Bella had to flee otherwise she'd get arrested for attacking Jacob even though she didn't. Don't remember, go read that chapter again.

***********

"Father I honestly have no idea who you are on about" James exclaimed for what seemed like the thousandth time since he came back to the Underworld. His father wasn't believing his lie and wouldn't allow him to leave so James was currently laying starfish style on the floor in the throne room. "Can you please just drop it and let me go home?"

"For starters son, you are home and not until you tell me who she is!"

James sat up and glared at his father. He couldn't tell them about the woman who he's started growing feelings for-yes he started accepting it- as his father would surely make sure they never see one another again. Falling for a human was strictly against the law and should never be which James couldn't understand since his mother was a human before she met my father. 

"This is not my home! Never has and never will be!" He hissed. "And how many times do I have to tell you, I have no idea who she is!"

His father sighed, held up a picture of James and Bella talking at school and glared at his son as if to say 'lie to me now, I dare you'. "You sure about that?"

James held his ground and shrugged. "Nope, she doesn't ring a bell. Why is she so important to you anyway?"

"I have my reasons" He put the picture away and smirked at his son. "If you won't tell me who she is, I suppose you don't mind her being in one of the cells"

James stood up and felt panic rush through his body. They had found her, they had found Bella and brought here locking her up in one of the cells. Bella is probably so confused and scared which only added to James's worry. He had to save her- right now.

"What?" James asked. 

"You heard me"

He looked at his mother. "Did you know about this?" His mother shook his head. "I have to help her..."

"You will do no such thing. After all, you don't even know her"

James's father knew he had him there which only added to his growing smirk. James glared at his father as he backed away. "To protect her! You will pay for this"

James's father scoffed. "Good luck with that!"

Sending one last glare at his 'father', James ran out of the room and headed for the cells with the hope that Bella was alright and alive. If she was hurt or worse, he would literally lose his mind. He cared deeply for her and it was his fault that she was in this mess, if only he had stayed away from her....

Don't worry Bella, I'm coming. 

Sorry, it's short and not long! It's all I can manage for now! Bye!