nueve! → chosen jacobs

(unedited!!)

requested by: -calpurnia

(this is a song imagine based on even if it's a lie by matt maltese!)

it was a gloomy and rainy wednesday afternoon. you'd been waiting for your friend chosen to arrive for over an hour. the both of you were going to go hang out at the park near your house.

you were tired of waiting, and honestly so tired of being stood up. this had been happening very frequently lately.

chosen had recently gotten together with a girl from your school, and she was always the center of his attention.

you could never understand why chosen liked her so much. she was a very fowl girl. rude and bitter to practically anyone, but somehow one of the most popular girls in your high school. it was absolutely infuriating.

the truth was, you had been in love with chosen for quite sometime. but he had never seemed to notice.

girl after girl. time after time. he was so damn naive. it was as if he was completely blind.

he'd let any girl walk all over him, and treat him like literal garbage. he was so amazing. you thought so highly of him.

he was selfless, and caring. warm and courageous. he always put others before himself.

it filled you with deep sorrow knowing that so many of the disgusting girls from your school used him.

you decided to text him, seeing as he was almost two hours late.

you!
hey..?

chosen!
                                                                         hey!

you!
are you still coming?

chosen
what?
oh shit
i'm so sorry y/n
rain check?

you!
whatever.

you threw your phone across your bed, letting out a loud angry scream. thank god you were home alone.

you put your hands in your hair, tugging violently at your roots.

loud sobs began to come from your pouty lips.

"i'm so tired of this!" you screamed, throwing yourself back onto the bed.

you had decided just to go to sleep considering he wasn't coming, and you didn't want to sit there crying all night again.

the next day you walked the school hallways, attempting to ignore chosen all day. you were still very upset.

"y/n! wait up!" chosen yelled from behind you, quickly running towards you.

"why have you been ignoring me all day?!"

you looked toward him, only blinking in response.

"are you not going to explain?"

you continued giving him the silent treatment.

"this is about last night isn't it?"

"no! no, chosen! it's not just about last night! it's about the past two weeks god dammit!" you screamed, practically exploding.

"what are you even talking about?"

"sarah! sarah! sarah! that's all it's ever about anymore! you've stood me up for weeks just to hang out with her! it's so damn aggravating that you can't even recognize what you've done wrong! you're literally too naive to even comprehend the fact that i'm in love with you!" you ranted.

he paused, his face softening after your outburst.

at this point tears were flowing down your cheeks, and what was left of the student body after the bell was staring at you both.

"i'm so sorry, y/n." he frowned, attempting to pull you into a hug.

you quickly dodged it, and ran out of the school exit. he was left there looking like a complete and utter dick.

several girls glared at him, scoffing and walking away.

"fuck!" he yelled, pushing the exit door open.

chosen knew he had messed up and was going to try to do everything in his power to fix it. he didn't want to lose you. he hadn't realized it but he was also in love with you.

his heart sunk, knowing that you most likely had lost feelings for him at this point.

that day he continued to call you over and over, but you didn't answer. until eventually you got so annoyed you answered and decided to let him talk for a moment.

"y/n please! don't hang up! i love you too!"

"save it. i don't love you anymore." you spoke, hot tears making their way down your rosy cheeks.

"please, y/n! i'm so sorry!" he pleaded, at this point you could tell he was crying.

instead of responding you hung up. throwing your phone at your bedroom floor.

you were livid. you had waisted so much time and energy on him. he really thought he could just swoop back in and save the day after weeks? that was absolutely ridiculous to you.

you could not believe he would even attempt that.

as the next few weeks rolled by, chosen continued to try and talk to you. you simply ignored him. he knew that eventually you would most likely give in, but it was going to take you a while.

( A/N: -calpurnia  I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!! i've had writers block lately, and i've been stressed because school starts tomorrow and i'm going to be a freshman :((. BUT YOU GUYS SHOULD LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD EVENTUALLY DO A PART TWO!!)

(also, sorry for any spelling/autocorrect mistakes. my phone is illiterate.) -xoxo jay