Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, he is the first to make a move as he lunges toward Emma. She is quick to block him and then she's jumping forward at her own attempt to attack. Each swing is consistently blocked from one another and Regina is actually surprised at how well Emma is holding her own with a sword.

But before Regina knows it, the love of her life tosses her sword aside and it's time. Emma's loving gaze drifts to she and Henry and there's the faintest little smirk upon the Savior's face before she stares directly into Gideon's eyes. Shimmering green eyes brighten and a heartfelt smile spreads wide across her face as she welcomes her destiny. Gideon apologizes and Regina flinches knowing all too well what is to come.

She buries her face into her son's shoulder, refusing to watch as that blade runs through Emma. She hears everyone around her gasp and even though she's hiding, she sees the blinding white light illuminate the street. All of downtown shines from the light pouring out of Emma. Regina quickly shifts her attention to Snow to find the woman completely frozen in shock with her mouth hanging open.

By the time Regina turns back around, she observes as Gideon's infamous black smoke slowly fades away, but the man himself is nowhere to be seen.

The group all rush to Emma's side, everyone in a panic, except for Regina. She knows Henry will kiss his mother and she will wake up, just like Emma did for him so many years ago. Regina proudly watches as their son kneels down next to his mother and presses a gentle kiss against her forehead. She waits patiently to witness those green eyes widening while Emma gasps hopelessly for air, but the moment never comes.

Henry whips around to face Regina while her mind tries to comprehend that Emma didn't wake up. It worked last time, why isn't his kiss working now?

"Mom, you have to kiss her," Henry hysterically shouts, startling her from her horrifying thoughts.

"I-..." her mind is racing with a thousand different things that she should say, but the words aren't formulating properly.

How come Henry woke her with True Loves Kiss before? Now, that she thinks about it, how come Hook didn't run to Emma's side and kiss her? She doesn't have time for the what if's, so she shakes her head clearing all those thoughts away and focuses only on Emma.

She slowly steps over to Emma, but her heels click with determination. She kneels down next to her beautiful blonde and musters up all the strength she possesses to remain calm and strong, for Emma. She lovingly strokes Emma's jawline with her thumb before she leans down.

"I love you," she whispers against the pale lips and then carefully connects their mouths for a tender kiss, pouring all the love she has in her heart into that one moment.

And just as suspected, they are all hit with a gust of wind as True Loves kiss works its magic.

"You did it," Henry breathlessly mumbles from behind Regina's shoulder.

Emma gasps, desperately trying to fill her deprived lungs with clean oxygen. Her cold fingers wrap excitedly around the back of Regina's neck, tugging her back in for another kiss. A small groan escapes Emma's eager lips as Regina kisses her back with just as much intensity, but all too quickly she's realizing that they aren't alone.

Regina regally stands back up from the cold pavement and holds out her hands to help Emma to her feet.

"Glad to see you're alright, Swan," Killian politely says, awkwardly placing his hand upon her shoulder.

"Thanks Killian," she smiles just as politely, but it's forced and it encourages his hand to slip away.

"Now, that this is all settled, I'd like to get back to my ship and set sail," the former pirate informs the group and quietly makes his exit.