Chapter 7

This is...strange.

I mean, really,really strange.

"Ah!! This one miss! Oh this one looks delicious too!! Kyaa!! This is the famous parfait I heard about!! Miss, one of these please!! Kyaa~ I really can't get over with these!!" I sweat dropped as the lady or should I say Amano-san, blabbered as she goes around the store vendors. How can she eat so much?

"Yuki-kun, you should try these too!! There are new flavors of ice cream too!!" She shoved a pink colored ice cream in my hands.

I raised an eyebrow. "Isn't this the normally strawberry flavoured ice cream?"

"Nope!" She stuck her tongue out. "This is Da Vinci Code ice cream. It is sakura flavoured ice cream."

I licked some of my ice cream. "Tasty and salty. I kinda like it." I mumbled.

"Isn't it? My group too made this six years ago. Though I am the one in charge with the cone making because I don't have enough knowledge on making gelatins back then." She informed while having a distant look in her face.

I observed her face. "I've been wondering, Amano-san..."

"Ichigo is fine, Yuki-kun."

I ignored her comment. "What is your occupation?"

She took a lick before answering. "I'm in business and management section. I just finished it last year."

Business and management? Last year? Then six years ago she was with her group making gelatin? What a timeline. Maybe she is being forced?

"Did you...took another course before studying business and management?"

She gave me a fake smile. "Do you have anymore time after this?"

I carefully look at her before looking at my watch. "No. I don't have anymore time. My family are looking for me. They should be worrying too much now." Haha I wish.

"I see." She stop in her steps. "We should go out again sometime. I will help you find your family."

"Ah no." I shook my head. "You have treated me a lot this time. I shouldn't bother you anymore."

She gave a disappointed look. "Ah, I see. Then will you please exchange contacts with me?"A pleading face falls before me.

I can't refuse. "Y-yeah. Sure." I blushed a bit.

We exchange our emails before departing. She took a left while I took a right. I recognized my surrounding immediately. It is near where we currently lived. I took the path to where my family resides. Raising my hand in a knocking motion, I was about to knock before hesitating. A few moments and this action repeated again and again until I finally heard some noise.

"Where is that brat?"

"He should be here by now. He's the one in charge of cooking today."

"If I get my hands on him.."

I sighed. I disregard my hesitation and knocked three times before opening. "I'm home.." I whispered.

A second after that a whip came lashing on me. "Iteee! Kaa-san, I'm sorry, I will not do it again!!" I covered my head while tearing a bit.

My family is strict. My father is a manga writer while my line of sisters are his editors and drawers. Mother is the one who manage them all. I am a drawer myself too and my mother prizes my drawing skills so she is more strict with me. Because of this, I am in a love-hate relationship with my sisters and to add to that my mother want me to succeed father!

The door suddenly opens and my mother immediately stopped using the whip. Revealed at the door was my brown haired blue eyed father who my mother love very much.

"Dear!!" As soon as father enters, she will immediately changed her personality into the doting and loving mother figure of the house. My sisters and I were very relieved that our savior appeared. Don't make a mistake. I love my family but my mother is always strict, my sisters always complain and my father's a real airhead. In fact, I wonder too many times if I am the only sane one in this household.

"I'm home, Mizuki. How were the house when I am gone?" Father asked in a very carefree manner.

Mother approached father and gently took his coat. "The house is all fine, Yoru. The children behave well too. Now,now. Enough about that. I am sure you are quite hungry. Yuki-kun will start making our dinner now. Right, Yuki-kun?" She gave a scary look to me that made me shiver.

I nodded fast. "Yes, mother." This is a better punishment than making me draw a lot of frames in the manga. In fact, I enjoy cooking than drawing. So this order is something I will agree easily.

Making my way in the kitchen, I prepared a lot of foods fast so mother will not berate me, along with my four foul mouthed sisters. I prepared deserts too to ease my mother's and sister's anger to me.

The night gone by with no mishaps. Amano-san texted me saying that if I have a free time, I can later come by and join her. I actually have time, despite the fact that I've gone home late at night yesterday. So I accepted her offer and called her saying I will meet up with her in the Marie's garden, knowing she loves the sweets too much. I immediately ended the call never hearing her words of protest that I will probably think that is so annoying.

Well, later on, I will regret going in this place with her because of the high tension drama that will go on a few hours from now.

*****
I checked my phone a lot of times. I called her an hour ago and she is late? What an ungrateful lady. The elder should be the model of the younger and not the other way around.

"Yuki-kun, wait!!"

I closed my phone and entered the Marie's garden. I didn't bother too see the one who called my name as I can distinguished the owner of the voice.

"Yuki-kun, wait!!" A hand clasped my shoulder, making me turn around to see her panting heavily. I cannot help but put my usual demeanor towards her.

She took a deep breathe and exhales. She look at me before saying: "Wait, I can explain."

I inclined my head a little to look at her and nodded gesturing her to start talking.

"You know that when I meet with you, I have no sandals or any protective gear in my feet, right?"

I nodded at her.

"And you said after that I look like a bear out of the cave."

Another nod.

"Well, my situation is like that." She stopped her talking hesitating to continue.

I gave her an unmoved look.

"I...kinda run away."she blushed profusely.

"W-what?"

"And when we roamed around, I kinda forgotten everything besides sweets and was unable to procure clothes until thirty minutes ago. So, there's my reason." She finished explaining.

I am currently processing the given information to me. I look at her to find her in a black jacket with the hood up covering her hair. It is unzipped with a redshirt inside and a long white billowy skirt that is up to her mid knees. She is sporting a white red sneakers that look really comfortable too.

"Anyway," she dismissed my look to her. "Can we go anywhere but here? I am not comfortable with a crowd."

"No way." I stuck my tongue at her. "You're the one who's late so I will lead the way while you're treating me. Consider this as your punishment for making me stand up for too long." I made my way in the streets and find a suitable sweet shop.

'This is quite a fancy shop.' I entered the shop. I didn't hear her yell to me.

"Just not there!"