Galaxy Of Unknown Truths

Start from the beginning

I would've given away cake to see what they were doing, and that's saying something. Because for the life of me, I wouldn't give away cake.

I sighed and leaned my head back against the seat, looking up into the clear blue sky with puffy white clouds.

Will stretched next to me, which he couldn't have done without both of us getting rubbed in rather strategic locations. Disgusted, I curled a little into myself and pressed myself against the window. I was starting to think that Will was nothing like I thought him to be.

I smiled as I thought of the man that had become my everything in a short span of time. And I knew that this, us, wouldn't have happened had it not been for the vacation/holiday/get-away or whatever this was. For which I had to thank Derek.

Derek, who'd barged into my room at the time that even owl's feel sleepy. Derek who'd made me take an immediate liking to him. Derek who...

-Was so effing dead.

I sat straighter as I remembered the conversation I had had with him that night.

"When does he turn twenty one?" I'd asked.

"In a week."

In a week. In an effing week. Good thing the week wasn't up, we'd all been together only for like three nights. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and searched for Derek's number. When that sneak had found my number and called me that fateful day when Malcolm and Glinda were convincing (ordering) us to come for this trip, I had him saved. I figured calling him wasn't possible because Will was basically on my damn lap.

When is K's birthday? I sent.

The reply was prompt.

3 days. Y?

So that I can sleep the whole day. What does he mean why? This just tops the list of stupid things that I have ever been asked. I ignored his question, because I needed help. STAT.

I don't care what you do, or how you do it. I want to be with him.

The response made me roll my eyes.

The way u mssge scares me.

I smirked.

Do big words scare the little baby? :*

The reply had me pressing my lips together to keep from laughing out loud.

Uh huh. Gmme a hug mommy.

I stuck my phone back into my pocket when Will asked me who I was talking to. I threw him a tight smile and just shook my head. When his hand came around behind me, I moved forward so that it didn't touch me, but rested on the top of the seat. When my butt vibrated, I honestly couldn't do anything about it, not without Peeky McPeeksters here looking in on wheat I receive and send. I gritted my teeth. I had to hold my tongue until we reached the airport. I was glad that we were early, I was banking on the fact. As soon as the vehicle stopped, I was out of the cab and handed the cabbie the fare while he helped remove our bags. I hauled ass in and started to get checked in. Once all that annoying formality was done, I caught Gin's arm.

"Distract him, please." I said, begging her with my eyes.

Gin just looked at me, "You and Kiel..." she trailed off.

"What about us?" I asked, looking up at her.

"You're together aren't you?" she asked.

I nodded. I saw something flash in her eyes, before she ripped her hand out of mine.