ii

(hi so there's straight up shameless porn in here so there's your warning)

_____

The rest of Mat's day was agonizing, to say the very least. He had grabbed a scarf from his locker to hide the mark that Mike's hand had made and, although it might've hid the event in the washroom from the rest of the school, Mat still had it ingrained in his head. He could still see Mike's face mere inches from his, looming over with his hand wrapped around Mat's throat.

When the final bell rang throughout the exhausted school, Mat was a bit less excited than he'd been in his earlier classes. Now, his anxiety-riddled brain looked at every possible scenario that could take place as he walked out the front doors of the school. What he hoped for was Mike waiting at the front of the school in some obnoxious excuse for an automobile, but Mat assumed that wasn't how things would go down. He'd have to search the extensive parking lot until he was the last one there, only to finally find Mike and then be jumped by his friends. Mat shivered at the thought, but he still made his way to his locker.

Maybe he could just ignore Mike. Walking away was always a possibility and Mat knew this well. If he wanted to forget that the whole thing had happened in the first place, then Mat definitely could've. He knew that Mike would have no objections.

When Mat walked out the front doors, bookbag slung over one shoulder, he couldn't stop the slight tremble in his hands and the unsureness in his step. He knew that what he was attempting to do with Mike, whatever it was, was admittedly dumb. Mike was a douchebag jock with an ego bigger than his brain. That didn't stop Mat's eyes from roaming across the parking lot. When he spotted on the absolute most obnoxious vehicle in the lot -a black Camaro with red accents- Mat knew that he'd found what he was looking for.

His leather boots scuffed the pavement as he walked to what was presumably Mike's car, hanging his head low as he sat next to it on a cement divider. He kicked his legs out, intertwining his fingers with a huff as he awaited Mike's arrival after what he assumed was a basketball practice, the sport seeming to be Mike's preference. Not that Mat paid attention to those things.

He waited for what felt like a while, humming mindlessly to himself until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up, eyes locking with Mike's confused ones. Mike cocked an eyebrow as Mat stood up. "I didn't think you'd show," Mike told him, unlocking his car. Mat shrugged mindlessly, staring up at Mike.

"I didn't think you'd show up without your friends to kill me." Mat tilted his head to the side, raising his eyebrows.

"Do you, uh, wanna go back to my place?" Mike asked, his usual cocky personality seeming to dissipate into one of meekness, and he smiled almost sheepishly.

"Yeah." Mat nodded. "Yeah, I do."

Mike had never been or done anything with a boy before. He'd never done anything too drastic, besides a drunken kiss at a party and a quick 'no homo' to cover his tracks. He'd never truly felt one, let alone one that liked to be choked. That didn't stop his hand from trailing up and down Mat's thigh the whole ride to his home. Mike figured that hey, he'd watched enough porn alone in his room at three a.m. for him to get the gist of it.

Mat had his experience with boys. He knew what he liked and what he didn't, but there was a bubbling deep in his chest that made him reevaluate the situation. When Mike's hand landed on his upper thigh, Mat looked over at the larger boy, his eyebrows furrowed. Mike smirked at Mat then turned his eyes back to the road, rubbing the tips of his fingers into Mat's thigh.

The rest of the car ride left Mat tense, to say the very least. Mike seemed to keep his cool, but Mat had been too caught up in his own troubles to notice Mike almost crashing the car a few times.