Hiding Place

Depuis le début

"If I offer you a bl*wjob, will you hide me?"

Okay, now he is just desperate. His offer is...a bit...just a bit...enticing, fine. But he can't be like this. We had a deal!

"Get up and get out..."

I was about to forcibly pull him out under the table when the door of the meeting room opened and in came the members of the Royal Counsel with my father and Lao.

"Your Majesty," I stood up from my seat and dislodge Dayu's hand on my thigh. "Why are you...?"

"I want to listen in to the meeting. I want to know what is on your mind and how will you handle this issue," my father sat on the other end of the table ang he gestured for the Counsel Members to sit around it.

I slowly slid back to my seat and look down at Dayu who shook his head frantically.

If before, he can't go out because he is hiding from my mother. Now, he really can't get out because that would mean total disaster for the two of us.

Not to mention embarassing as my father, the King, will witness it too.

"You may begin the meeting," my father urged the Counsel Members to start asking questions.

Lao walked to stand on the corner nearest to me. He is close but still not able to see Dayu under the table on my feet as their is a wood partition under the table that hid Dayu from anyone standing on the side of the table.

"Crown Prince, do you really intend to engage yourself to your childhood friend?" Head Counsel Falu asked.

"Yes," I simpley replied as Dayu shifted under the table.

"But he is a man," another counsel member exclaimed. "Are you gay, my Prince?"

"No," I answered quickly. "But this is my grandfather's royal edict. He wanted me to marry the one holding the ring. If you are not willing to defer on the late King's order...well..."

Dayu shifted again as another member asked a follow up question but my mind is on the man under the table.

"Why are you moving restlessly?" I asked him in whisper.

"What is it, my Prince?" My father's voice made me sit straighter. "Is everything all right?"

"Maybe the Prince didn't like the question..."

"What is the question again?" Dayu is driving me out of my mind as he shifted again and put both his hands on my thighs.

"If we will follow the late King's words, how sure are you that the common people will accept a Consort and not a Queen?"

I sighed, "Let's ask them then. Let's conduct a survey. Be active in the social media. Listen and read the sentiments of the people there. Nothing is still written on stones. That's why I suggested a long engagement for me and my soon to be Consort so the people can familiarize themselves on the situation."

"The people will adjust to your situation," a woman counsel member has disapproval on her face and tone.

"All of us will adjust, Counselwoman. We are all experiencing this unique situation together..." I stopped when I felt Dayu's hand sliding from my thigh, upward.

I capture his hand and look down for a bit to give him a warning look. He looked apologetically.

"My legs are cramping," he mostly mouthed those words more than whisper it.