Chapter 21

"Amy!" my brother yelled my name which wake me up. When I open my eyes, the first thing I see is his face really close. I narrow my eyes, groaning by the sudden waking of my brother's loud voice. I realize he has a frown on his face as he doesn't look happy at all.

"What?" I ask, my voice still hoarse.

"Why are you here? With him? In the bed," Him? I think for a moment then, I feel something moving behind my back. I turn around to see Kenshi's face on my shoulder. His arms are around me as he holds me tight against his chest. He's sleeping so peacefully so he doesn't hear us talking even though my brother's being really noisy.

"Things happened," I only say, blushing slightly. I feel Kenni's gaze – had to call him that or it'll become confusing even for me – becoming more insistent. I clear my throat in hope it'll calm the situation. "Well, I'm going to wake him up we have the sports festival today."

"Oh, you still have sports festival?" he asked, his voice way softer than before.

I nod to answer him. "We have many sportspeople in our school so they held it on two days, each grades having it on different days. Second years are the first to go one this year."

"That's cool. I liked it back when we were younger. Want me to come see you once I'm finished with school?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Dunno but you can come if you want. This year I'm doing it so."

"I thought you were good. Why didn't you do it before?"

"It's... complicate."

He sighs and leaves the room not pushing the conversation further. "Breakfast is ready."

I nod and wait until he closes the door before taking care of the boy lying next to me. I turn then stare at him and look at his sleeping face. I smile at how peaceful he seems to be even though he just heard the news about his dead family. His hair is so messy, it's kind of cute. I shake him gently but he just groans but doesn't open his eyes. I try again while calling his name for a while. After a moment, he finally opens his eyes lazily but once he sees my face, he smiles gently and strokes my cheek.

"Hello there," I blush a little at the adorable face he's making. His voice is so low and calm in the mornings.

"Hi," I greet back shyly. We stare into each others' eyes for quite a long time. "We should wake up, school start soon."

He whines, closing his eyes again and hugs me tight in his arms. "Don't wanna. I hate sports," I don't know if I should feel embarrassed or laugh. He opens his eyes once again and stares into mine. "Can't I have a good morning kiss?"

I blush at the sudden question. I ready myself to answer but another voice speaks behind me again. "No," I turn to see my brother again. The tone of his voice and his face are scary. I never see this before. Kenshi quickly gets away from me, a scared look showing now on his face. I sigh and stand up, leaving – more like avoiding – them. Sorry Kenshi, you'll have to deal with him.

I walk to my room and put my uniform on. Then, I walk downstairs to the kitchen to see breakfast on the table with my dad, brother and Kenshi. And how he looks so scared right now. I'm sure he wasn't ready to face my family just after we got together. I hold back my laugh as I sit down next to Kenshi. I look at him as I try to think of way to reassure him. What should people do in those situation? From under the table, I slide my hand on his and give it a squeeze. He tilts his head to my side with a surprised face. I give him a small smile, already feeling my cheeks burning a little. He smiles back with his eyes closed. I hear Kenni clears his throat as he glares at us like he is going to kill someone.