T W E N T Y F O U R

"Mom?" Finn yelled, his voice cracking.

"Yes?" Mrs Wolfhard replied, not turning to look at her broken son.

"I need to find Noah." He whispered.

"Honey, you can't. You don't know where he is."

"Please! Let me try!" Finn whined. "I haven't spoken to him in two days and he said he'd tell me when he gets there! He never did!"

"Finn, calm down." Mrs Wolfhard said calmly, turning to face him.

"No! I want to find him. I think he's in trouble." Tears fell out of Finn's eyes and rolled down his freckled cheeks.

"Why do you want to find him so much? How will you find him?" Mrs Wolfhard raised an eyebrow and smirked slightly.

"Stop looking at me like that! It's not funny." Finn shouted. "I don't know how I'll find him."

Finn sat at the bottom of the stairs, swallowing deeply. His head in his hands, thinking of ways to find Noah. He sighed loudly and stood up so fast he went dizzy. Stomping to his room, he mumbled profanities to himself and thought of ways to punish himself without physical harm.

"The police.." Finn whispered when he entered his room. "Mom!" He ran back down the stairs and into the living room.

"What do you want now?" She huffed, pausing the program and turned once again to face her son.

"I can tell the police." Finn gasped because of his lack of air.

"Go do that then." Mrs Wolfhard said and turned back to the TV. As soon as she said this Finn threw his shoes on and sprinted down the the Police Station. He opened the door rapidly and stopped to catch his breath.

"I'm- here..to, to m-make a report of a missing child." Finn stuttered.

"Yes, sir. Please follow me." A police officer said as he walked into a room. Finn followed the man and sat down. "So, who or what would you like to report?"

"My bo- my friend has been taken away by his father and he hadn't wanted to." Finn rushed.

"What's this mans name?" The Police Officer, Paul, asked.

"Mr Schnapp."

"I'm going to need first names, sir." Paul insisted.

"I-uh. I don't know it." Finn looked down in shame.

"We have had a Mr Schnapp in the past. Let me show you his file to see if it was him." Paul got up and searched through the filing cabinet. He then slammed down the folder. Finn flicked through it.

"Yes! That's him!" He yelled excitedly.

"I'm sorry sir, but his name was cleared of being a criminal two years ago."

~•~•~•~•~•~
An update on a Friday?

WHAT