Chapter Twenty-Four

Começar do início

"If I'm being honest with myself," Hook quietly chimes in, "there has always been some type of chemistry between the two of you and I chose to ignore it." He peeks through his long lashes and offers a smile and it maybe small, but it's genuine when he meets Emma's eyes. "I love you, Swan and I want nothing but happiness for you." He claims as he steps forward and hugs her one last time.

"Thank you," Emma faintly whispers, slowly breaking away from the embrace.

"Regina," Killian suddenly says, turning his attention toward her and she would be lying if she claimed that she didn't feel the least bit nervous. "I was going to say, take care of her, but you always have."

She smiles and nods along politely because what the hell is she supposed to say to the man? She just stole his fiancé and her mind is tripping over ways of degrading him and now is certainly not the time for her snarky remarks.

"So Killian," Emma interrupts, swooping in to save Regina from her misery. "We will see you tomorrow? For the final battle?"

"I think I'm going to stay out here. Sail around for a little while. I miss the freedom of the sea, love."

Emma simply nods in response and the entire situation is so painfully uncomfortable that not one person can come up with anything to say. She's thankful that he isn't putting up a fight though and so she takes this as the perfect opportunity for them to say their goodbyes and part ways before he changes his mind.

So, Regina leads the way back to her mansion, knowing the next day is going to be a very long, eventful and stressful day. They crawl into her bed so naturally, as if they have been living together for years. In sync, they turn on their side to face one another and Emma's hand easily finds Regina's, holding it closely between them before they both fall fast asleep.

~~~~~

"Moms?"

Regina believes she heard Henry off in the distance but her mind is still too groggy from the heavy sleep she is still downing in.

"Moms!"

Her eyelids lazily peel apart to find a mess of blonde curls spread out all around her. She hums softly in appreciation, because she had missed waking up to mornings such as this. Subconsciously, her body scoots closer to the vanilla scent and warmth emitting off her lover and she sighs as her body relaxes against her savior.

"Moms!"

This time she definitely hears her son's voice and it isn't from a distance or in her dream, but directly behind her. Her eyes pop open from sheer panic as she cranes her neck to peek over her shoulder, confirming very much so that Henry is standing above her bed in shock.

"Henry? What are you doing here?" Her voice trembles, still coated with a raspy thickness from just waking up.

"Mmmm, I love your morning voice," Emma mumbles incoherently, tugging her closer to that strong body and persuading a deep blush to paint Regina's cheeks from the admission in front of their son.

"Mom, what are you doing in bed with Emma?" Henry shrieks, his voice cracking while his inquisitive eyes shift back and forth between his mothers. "Ma, aren't you suppose to be marrying Hook in a few hours?"

Emma's mind finally catches up to reality, forcing her sleepy eyes awake and if they weren't in such a compromising predicament, Regina might have chuckled from the way Emma's eyes are practically bugging out of her head. In a haste, Emma tugs the sheet to her chin knowing they are both in nothing but their underwear.

"Kid, what the hell?" Emma screeches.

"Me, what the hell? What the hell with you?" He challenges right back, mirroring her expression with his wide eyes popping out of his sockets.

"Henry, language!" Regina scolds, because it's really the only thing she feels in control over at the moment.

"What is going on? Someone needs to explain now before grandma comes up here to find this!" He hysterically says, motioning between them and forcing Regina's heart to sink in horror.

"Snow's here?" She breathlessly gasps, but it's mostly rhetorical, knowing that nosy woman all too well.

"Yes!" Henry shrieks before he takes a deep breath and calms himself back down. "She went to Emma's to help her get ready for the wedding. When she wasn't home, she called me looking for you and I said I hadn't seen either of you. We tried calling both of you, but you didn't answer. So, I suggested we meet here."

Regina and Emma both groan from sheer mortification.

"Henry, please give your mother and I a few minutes to compose ourselves. Tell Snow we will be down in five minutes," she strictly orders with the best stern expression she can muster up under the horrific circumstance.

"Okay fine, but I want an explanation as soon as you come downstairs," he demands.

"You're the kid, remember? We are the parents," Emma teasingly jokes around in a lame attempt to break the tension, but their son just glares at her before he rushes out the door. "Ugh," Emma groans in exasperation as she sinks back into the mattress and covers her face with the sheet.

"That was horrible."

"It could have been worse," Emma rebuttals, peeking out from under the sheet as Regina snarls in her direction, which somehow causes the blonde to laugh. "He could have seen the Savior tasting the Queen's forbidden fruit!"

With that Regina rips the pillow out from under her own head and chucks it at Emma's face. "Ugh, Swan, you're awful," she grumbles, shoving the woman to the other side of the bed. "I hope you are satisfied, you just completely ruined sex between us."

Emma unexpectedly pounces on top of her, pinning her dainty wrists to the mattress as her lips come crashing down upon her. "I could never go without your forbidden fruit," she husks, kissing Regina roughly while her hips rock with determination.

"Emma," Regina growls in a threatening tone against those silky lips before she snaps her neck to the side to break the kiss. "Your mother and our son are expecting us downstairs," she breathlessly murmurs while Emma's mouth alternates between nipping and kissing her exposed neck.

Emma's lips swiftly drift back to Regina's to offer one last heartfelt kiss before she rolls off her body and off the bed.

"On to the next set of lives to turn upside down," Emma smirks from across the room as she sweeps her clothes off the floor.