Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Killian," Emma breathes out, the fear evident in her tone and luckily the man instantly lowers the gun.

"Bloody hell, Swan! I could have killed you! I was terrified of who could possibly be on my ship considering I'm in the middle of nowhere," he exasperates, placing his gun down and anxiously rubbing the back of his neck.

The pirate pulls Emma into a tight hug while planting a firm kiss to the top of her head. Rage and jealousy boils through Regina's veins, but she forces those vile thoughts away. She reminds herself that this will all be over soon and she is the one that gets to take Emma home.

Emma slowly eases herself away, tentatively holding his gaze. He tries to hang on for as long as possible, but she proceeds to break the embrace. Regina's dark eyes analyze as Emma's arm slips through Killian's hand, before her small hand is in his. Emma offers a tight squeeze before completely falling away from his altogether.

"Swan? Is everything alright?" He inquires, full of concern as his eyes peer deeply into hers.

Regina remains silent, knowing this isn't her place to speak and truthfully she shouldn't even be there, but Emma had asked her to come along for support.

"Killian we need to talk," Emma's voice cracks from the weight of the situation and Regina takes that as her cue to take a generous step back and offer them some kind of privacy, all while Killian's eyes track her every move.

"Are you worried about the Black Fairy? Is that why you're here? Are you just trying to push me away because you think something might happen to you because you're the Savior?"

Emma abruptly whips around, startling Regina, especially from the sheer panic consuming her face.

"Shit! I forgot about defeating the Black Fairy tomorrow," Emma shrieks, provoking Regina's eyes to double in size from her idiotic mistake.

Technically, nobody had known about Black Fairy actually casting her curse until the morning of the wedding. There is no way Emma could have known about that battle right now. Green eyes fall closed when she realizes the mistake she had made.

"Tomorrow? Emma, you did find out about the winged creature and now you're afraid you'll get hurt and so you don't want to marry me..."

"I do have to defeat her tomorrow," Emma rushes to cut off his train of thought because it's wrong, so wrong. "I think...but either way that's not why I'm calling off our wedding. I found out some things about our past." Green eyes flick to Regina for a brief moment. "A past that concerns all three of us actually...and well, I've come to realize that I'm in love with Regina."

Hook's feet mindlessly take a giant step back while all the blood drains from his face and he just gapes at her, flabbergasted by the confession.

"You can't be serious?"

"I'm so sorry, Killian, but if Milah came into your life and you knew how much you loved her, would you honestly still marry me?" Emma reasons, inspiring Hook to drop his head and stare aimlessly at the wooden planks below like maybe they have all the answers for him.

"You're right," he reluctantly whispers after a heavy pause. "I wouldn't marry you. I would want to be with Milah, she was my soulmate."

Hook doesn't dare glance up as he processes the new information and so Emma rambles off her explanation, including how she found out about his deal with Cora and how the Savior and the Evil Queen were destined to be True Loves.

Regina assesses the pirate's demeanor and she's not sure if he is still listening, but she knew the moment Emma had mentioned Milah, he would let her go. He was just talking to the dead woman a few moments ago.