↳ 21. IRL

MARLEY STOOD BY THE snack bar and nibbled on her chocolate chip muffin

MARLEY STOOD BY THE snack bar and nibbled on her chocolate chip muffin. She laughed lightly after hearing Sebastian say something about Chris Evans being an annoying shit, and Anthony Mackie always hogging the bathroom. She only nodded, only jumping into conversation with the group if she wanted to.

When she first got there she apologize profusely about leaving the groupchat. Marley felt terrible, but they all seemed to have no problem with it. Even Robert decided to give her a small side hug after mumbling something about her being a cutie and everyone else nodding along.

"Where the hell is lover boy?" Elizabeth asked, her eyes rolling with annoyance at how late the British boy was. "I texted him like a million times."

"Probably pampering up for Miss. David." Scarlett mocked a British accent while Marley nudged her with her elbow.

"Pft, I'm in sweatpants, he has nothing to worry about." Marley rolled her eyes and then threw away the wrapper of the muffin before rubbing her face.

"How long has it been since you and Holland-"

"-Holland and I, sorry, continue."

Sebastian sent Marley a glare before going on to ask, "Okay, how long has it been since Holland and you known each other?"

"Um... about three months?" Marley guessed, her dark eyebrows furrowing as she tried to pin point the exact time they knew each other.

"Actually it's been two months and two weeks." Tom corrected her as he finally walked towards the group. It took him ages to find them, you didn't know how many snack bars there were.

"Thomas!" Marley turned around after hearing his voice. Her eyes twinkled and her lips smiled as she ran over to him and threw her arms around his neck. "Shit, you smell great." she mumbled as her buried her head in his neck.

Tom laughed, his arms moving around Marley's body before resting his cheek on the top of her head. "Why thank you, Marley." he held her close, ignoring all the stares he received from everyone else.

She slowly got on her tippy toes and moved her head to his shoulder. "You're built and British."

"It comes in the job description." he joked.

"Hey! You stole that!" Marley playfully pushed him away and then ran to the closest person to her and hugged them.

"Don't scare her off he said," Anthony mocked Tom's accent and words, hinting to the first time that the group would get to meet Marley. "Look her scared her now, Tom." he pulled Marley into a side hug, trying his hardest to annoy the 20 year old.

The group erupted with laughed and snickering comments at the two. Marley just looked at Tom and stuck her tongue out at him like a child as he, in return, rolled his brown eyes. "Aren't you funny, Marley?"

"I know, one of my amazing qualities." she grinned proudly, releasing herself from Anthony and waved everyone else goodbye when they said they needed to do some shots.

"I can't believe your here. Like right here." Marley felt her cheeks redden and looked away from Tom.

"I am more than just a text or a voice on a phone, Holland."

"Yeah, but you're... here." Tom remained flabbergasted, his eyes scanning her as if he was trying to retain information like a computer.

"You're so fricken cute." Marley playfully punched his chest and bit back a comment on how buff he was.

"Hey, so- um, I'm done shooting for today and I was sort of wondering if you'd like to get some coffee. Or tea, or soda. Shit, whatever you drink and stuff."

"Are you trying to ask me out, Thomas?"

"Uh, yes?"

Marley laughed, her eyes crinkling lightly before her lips turned into a thin smile. "Yeah, sure. Let's go get some coffee. Or tea. Or whatever I drink and stuff."

Tom blushed and pouted lightly. "You're never letting that go are you?"

"What do you think?"

"Dammit."