-

Sidon had left Link a note saying he was leaving out on business and he would return as soon as possible. He fully intended on returning before the ceremony and had his escorts run the horses at top speed. Sidon felt bad but he was going to make it up to the poor animals once they returned to Hyrule Castle. A nice long break and a barrel full of apples is what Sidon learned Link felt to be an appropriate reward for the horse's hard work. Perhaps a nice basket of carrots as well.

They arrived at the spring two days after leaving. Sidon was surprised at how fast they got there but when you travel nonstop it was possible. The Royal Guard had managed to take down every enemy in their path and were currently scouting the area just in case. Sidon stepped out of his carriage and looked to the ancient spring. Light shined on the old Goddess statue, giving it a rather holy look. He gulped and walked down the stone path into the water and to the statue. The Zora Prince knelt down in front of the statue and shut his eyes tightly. This was it.

"O great Goddess Farore, Goddess of Courage, I come before you as a lost soul. My mind has been corrupted and I need your great guidance to show me the light once more." Silence. Sidon gulped and continued. "Link, the hero chosen by the Goddess Hylia, is the one I have been longing to...marry. However is it fate? Do you and the other Goddesses give your blessing to this marriage? Does..." Sidon stared down at his reflection in the crystal clear water and sighed. "Does my dear sister give her blessing? Is she up there with you all in the Sacred Realm? Is she happy, I wonder. Is she upset? Does she loathe me for what I am doing? Am I even the one for Link? Perhaps you have different plans for the Hero of Hyrule..."

"Prince of the Zora People..." an angelic voice rang out. Sidon jumped and looked around. The voice seemed to be coming from no where yet everywhere all at once. "Your prayers have been heard. Answers shall be given. I, Farore, will give you what you seek." The ground rumbled and the wind picks up a great deal. Something nearby roared loudly and before Sidon knew it he saw the great dragon Farosh flying out of the sky. He had only seen Farosh once before, when Link was carried to Zora's Domain by the dragon itself, and he was as terrified this time as he was the last. "No real harm shall be done to you, Zora Prince." What? Sidon was about to question what that meant but a lightning ball struck him, throwing him into unconsciousness.

-

"The Hero of the Wild has gone through many hardships." A loud distorted voice rang out. Sidon couldn't see anything other than himself. Everything around him was pitch black. "However, a hero cannot be a hero without enduring pain and proving he is worthy of the courage we granted him." Sidon blinked and upon opening his eyes the darkness changed to something a bit scarier. He was at Fort Hateno on that fateful night over a hundred years ago. Fire, guardians, weapons, bodies all around him. Sidon couldn't look anywhere without being horrified. Then he saw him: Link. He was quite obviously already ready to collapse and die but he fought bravely, defending the still living Princess Zelda. Sidon couldn't move or speak but, oh, how he wanted to run over and throw himself in between that guardian and his Hylian love.

"Your doubts are justified and we will offer you a choice, Zora Prince." The scene changed at Sidon was back in the dark nothingness. "Given how different the circumstances are with this hero's life and how much more involved we have become in his life we are allowing you to choose your fate with him as opposed to the one we had already planned. You believe you are not worthy of this hero's affection, you believe this hero would be better off without you. We will show you how this hero has been handling and coping with the life we have given him then you can decide for yourself whether or not this hero needs you in his life." Sidon gulped but nodded. He supposed the Goddesses were answering his prayers but they didn't have to be so...creepy and mysterious about it. Sidon would've been fine with with a simple answer...