"That's a nice change." She smiled. Louis nodded.

"It's still below the ears."

"Of course it is."

✿✿✿✿

Louis hated his new home. It technically wasn't a house. If you looked at it from outside it looked like a huge hotel. His mum's work obviously did not out do themselves this time around. They had moved to a small town somewhere not at all close enough to Doncaster. They lived on the fifth floor of their flat building. Their flat consisted of three bedrooms and two baths. Louis sighed from the balcony of his new house. When he looked down there was no yard, only a parking lot some times full of cars and other times not. He pushed his legs through the railing and sat his bum on the edge to catch a glimpse of different things happening below him.

So far there wasn't much going on in their building. He noted the elderly couple that lived right below them- him and his sisters learned to be quiet fairly quickly- the not so happy couple across from them and the college student above them. How on earth was he supposed to have any fun at all in this place. This place where there weren't anyone to see or do anything with. Louis sighed and scanned the pavement. He spotted a head full of brown locks run across the pavement and dodge all of the cars as they either pulled up or left. His laughter was loud, obviously foreign. Louis watched him run behind a bush and stay there as another boy who was slightly taller with a darker skin tone ran up beside the bush, but instead of going behind with the other young boy he looked around and frowned.

Louis heard the strange boy let a name slip from his lips, "Niall!" Louis didn't understand why the boy behind the bush- now Niall- was hiding. Was this a game? Louis lifted a hand and let his fingers move together until a beautiful snap sound left them. The darker toned boy looked up and cocked his head to the side as he spotted Louis. Louis pointed behind the bush, which caused the other boy to look behind it and cheer in triumph. "I FOUND YOU!" Niall grunted and pushed the tanned boy away from him. Louis watched as their mouths moved saying something, then the boy pointed up to Louis. Niall smiled at Louis, waving, then walking away. That, unfortunately, was the highlight of Louis' next two weeks. He helped his family pack, had a few days of home school, then baby sat.

✿✿✿✿

Louis spent a few hours everyday watching his little sisters, giving music lessons, reading them stories, and playing princess. Eventually, he gets bored. Louis pleads and begs his dad, who was typing away at his laptop trying to finish up his manuscript, to let him outside for an hour at the most. Louis' wish is granted, considering Kevin needs a break and what better way than to giggle and play with cute little daughters? Louis throws on a blue shirt, his slip on TOM's and pull his bangs into a pin side-ways behind his ear. At first glance, yes Louis did favor a girl, but he was a boy.

Louis waved his family fare-well set off into the the parking lot that was pretty empty considering it was a work day and no one would be home. Louis might have asked to come outside, but now what? He hadn't even thought that far ahead. Louis looked around at different cars passing by and kicked rocks around with his feet, but eventually he just sat down. What he was doing was boring, but he just wanted fresh air. He was tired of sitting inside constantly and for a split second he missed his old home back in Doncaster ; he only got to live there for a quick six months.

"I told you."

Louis sighed and wiped his forehead from sweat that had built up. It was definable hotter here, where ever here was. He looked around for the source of the voice he heard moments ago, but when he turned his head he had to cover his eyes. The angle of the sun blinded him only for a split second before he caught a glimpse of a long, lean body.