At the mention of his sons, Donavan suddenly realized he hadn't even looked at them yet. He had refused to get anywhere close to them, because he was too busy attacking everyone in his line of vision when Spencer had flat-lined.

He looked over at his now sleeping mate. For a person who laid dormant for over four months, she sure was sleeping like she hadn't slept in years. Taking a closer look at her, he could still see the bruises formed around her neck from the time he had choked her.

His wolf whimpered from the sudden onslaught of memories and emotions that evaded him, and Donavan couldn't help but follow suit.

Knowing Spencer, there was no way in hell she was forgiving him anytime soon. He definitely had his work cut out for him.

"Your Highness." A nurse called out to him, momentarily gaining his attention.

"Do you want to see the other two?" She asked with a small smile.

Donavan could tell the young woman was already attached to the little boys by the way her eyes shone at the mention of them.

"Yes, of course." He nodded eagerly.

The smile he already had on his face widened when the two little boys were wheeled into the room.

"What are you going to name them?" The nurse asked him

"I'll leave that to Spencer." He shrugged, leaning in to kiss both their heads.

When the babies felt their father's kiss on their foreheads, they simultaneously opened their eyes, staring up at Donavan. They looked to be in a trance, the way they looked at him made him feel like the luckiest man in the world.

When the baby in his arms begun getting restless, she caught the boy's attention and the moment their eyes locked with their sister's, Donavan gasped as he witnessed the boys' eyes glow purple, then gold, before going back to their emerald greens. They were bonding with her.

He heard Spencer stir on the bed behind him, and immediately turned towards her. But, the twin boys weren't too happy about their father disturbing their bonding moment with their sister, because two sets of tiny little growls were heard behind him, frightening him. When Donavan turned around, his jaw dropped at the sight in front of him. There, laying in the little bassinets were two little midnight black whelps, staggering, and trying to stand on their shaky paws as they growled at their father.

Spencer gasped when she took in the sight in front of her. Her little babies had turned into pups, and from the look of things, they were angry.

Slowly and cautiously, Donavan approached their bassinet and gently placed the little girl in between them, which successfuly silenced them. His eyes were still wide, as he watched them change back to their human selves and continued to stare at their sister.

"Donavan." Spencer choked out.

Like a flick of a switch, his attention was immediately averted to Spencer.

"Hey, baby." He breathed nervously.

Spencer really didn't know how to approach him. She was too exhausted to be mad at him, but she knew once she regained her strength, her anger would come back ten fold.

She ignored him, turning towards her babies. "Bring them over here, I want to hold them." She said in a dismissive tone.

Donavan knew he was going to have his work cut out for him when it came to wining Spencer back, but he hadn't expected it to hurt this much when she ignored him, which made him wonder how she felt when he had ignored her.

"Kaden..." Spencer called through the mind link, trying to connect with him. She knew he must have felt Blake die, and she wanted him with her to be able to console him.

"Not now, Spencer. I'm happy you're awake, but I really need to be alone at the moment. I'll come over to see you when everyone else leaves, so we can talk." He replied somberly.

Spencer's heart broke at the tone of his voice, he sounded so broken.

"She said she'd be in room 203, do you know what she meant by that?" She asked him, deciding to relay Blake's dying message.

"Yea, I know. She's going to be reincarnated, and she wants me to find the baby girl, who she's coming back as... Wait, did you say 203?" He asked worriedly.

"Yea, why?" Spencer replied, her tone matching his.

"Spence, you're in room 203. Your room is room 203." He whispered, and before she could process what he had said, her room door burst open, revealing a heavily panting Kaden.

But, what got to her wasn't his appearance or his lack of breath, it was the way he stared at her daughter like she was the missing piece to his puzzle, like he was her protector, like he had found something he was looking for.

"Hell no!" Donavan growled when Kaden begun approaching the bassinet. "My daughter, is not your mate! Over my dead body."

Once he said the last part of the sentence, Kaden's head reflexively snapped towards him, and a crazed smile graced his face.

"Oh, how I've waited for this day...Then, over your dead body it shall be." He replied before taking predatory steps towards him.

A/N

The book is almost over guys, only a few more chapters left. School is hectic right now, but I'm trying, I promise.