This is not who you are.

A/N
Yooooo...
To save confusion, I'm just going to quickly write here to explain why the title of the book has changed.
This book is now called "jealous" mainly because I felt like "home" didn't go with the storyline as I've mixed it up a little.
I hope you don't mind :/
Also, I've changed the front cover... it needed a makeover anyway but I just need your help on which one to choose:

 it needed a makeover anyway but I just need your help on which one to choose:

Anyways

Anyways... enjoy the second update of the day 😂

----------------------
Skylar's POV

"Here you are." I smiled, placing the food down on the table in front of Ethan. He looked at it in disgust.
"What is this?" He asked.
"Chicken." I replied, sitting down opposite him.
"It looks like vomit. I'm not eating it." He huffed, shoving his plate towards mine, knocking mine off the table and all down my black top. I squealed at the hotness and ran to the sink, grabbing a cold flannel.
"A little help?" I asked, looking up at him from wiping down my top. He just sat there with a smug look on his face. What the hell?!
"With what?" He asked, stifling a laugh.
"It's not funny. Help me clear up." I sighed, wiping down the table and floor.
"Don't tell me what to do." He yelled, slamming his hands down onto the table with a Big Bang. Maybe I should shut up now.
"Ok, I'm sorry." I gulped, not giving him a glance. He's scaring me right now.

I thought things were fine until he gave me a cold laugh. My heart race had picked up in speed and I looked up to see him towering over me.
"Stand up." He said through gritted teeth. I squeezed my eyes shut, letting out a breath.
"I said stand up." He shouted, making me jump as he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me to standing. I let out a little whimper.
"If you want to say something, you say it." He whispered in my ear roughly. I gulped back the lump in my throat as he looked at me with squinted eyes.
"I don't have anything to say." I said, barely a whisper. My heart was pounding like crazy.
"You've got that look." He spat.
"It's just my look." I shook my head frantically.

He brought a hand up to his mouth, looking away from me with a loud grumble. Ethan then looked back at me with a look I've never seen from him before.
"Tell me what's on your mind." He said softly. Woah, he's calmed down a lot.
"I'm fine." I rushed out, going back to clearing up the dishes but he pulled my arm, making the plates fall out of my hands and smash into tiny bits of China on the floor.
"I don't like secrets Sky." He spat, his grip getting tighter on my arm. I was breathing in and out frantically, my chest rising higher and lower.
"Don't you think that I don't know your secrets." I said through gritted teeth, yanking my arm away from him but failing miserably.
"I don't have any secrets." He laughed.
"Who's Gabby?" I asked and his eyes squinted. Before I knew it, I was shoved to the ground.

I winced in pain as my head came in contact with the marble flooring. I went to grip at the spot but I was pulled up again and shoved into the kitchen wall with great force. Ethan has always been verbally abusive but hardly ever physically.
"Stop." I cried out as he shoved me into the table. That made him worse, he walked over to me with an angry expression.
"Ethan, stop." I screamed as he swung his fist out at me. Somehow, I managed to dodge it.
"I thought you loved me." He yelled, pushing me and making my back come in contact with the cold wall again.
"I do... I did." I corrected myself. I don't love him anymore. I don't even know who he is anymore. He's a monster.
"I've treated you like a princess. You didn't even fucking deserve that." He spat, grabbing the knife that laid on the table from dinner.
"Get away from me." I cried, attempting to shuffle back but I couldn't as I forgot I was still up against the wall.
"Be quiet sweetheart. It'll be over with soon." He whispered with a smirk, raising the knife above his head.

The first idea to come into my head was my next move. I kicked him in the balls, making the knife drop to the floor and him reaching down to his private area in pain. I gasped and grabbed the knife up off the floor, holding it out to him.
"Stay down." I rushed out, looking around for a phone of some sort. Obviously I wasn't going to actually hurt Ethan the way he's been hurting me. All I need to do is threaten him to keep him down whilst I ring the police.
No phone was in sight.

I then felt his hands wrap around my ankle, pulling me down to the ground. He then got on top of me, shaking the knife out of my hand. Before I knew it, his hands were gripping at my neck, cutting off my airway.
"This is not who you are." I choked.
"Shut up." He shouted, adding on more pressure. I'm going to die. There's no way out of this. I looked up at him, gasping for air to see that he had a single tear roll down his cheek.
"Ethan." I coughed.
"I said shut up." He yelled. I was running out of air, my eyes were going heavy. I'm definitely not going to make it out of this alive. If that is the case then I'm going to have to say my goodbyes to people some other way.

Wait. The knife.

I turned my head to my left slightly and saw the kitchen knife laying about 5 centimetres away from my fingers. If I can reach, I'll be able to get it. I know I said that I wouldn't harm Ethan but right now I'm in a life or death situation. I'd rather live.

His hands loosened a little, allowing me to gasp a little bit of air before they went back to strangling me. I've got to do this now. I stretched out my hand, reaching for the knife. Come on Skylar, you can do this. I continued to reach until the tips of my fingers touched the end of the knife. Just a little further Sky. One last reach and I finally had the knife in my hand. I didn't even think about my actions until the knife was stuck in Ethan's side. He screamed out in pain, rolling off of me.

I gasped for air before standing up and grabbing my bag. I need to get out of here.
I looked back at Ethan one last time. Jeez, I've left him in a state. It needed to happen, it was self defence.
The next thing I did was run.

Running through the streets this late at night with bloody hands was not how I wanted tonight to end.
My breathing was heavy as I ran, carrying my shoes in my hands.
The night air was crisp, causing the hot air coming out of my mouth to create a big cloud of smoke in front of my face. I hate nights like these, especially when I'm running from a mistake.

I continued to run, bashing on the door of my sisters house, screaming for her to let me in...

I shot up, gasping for air and scratching at my throat. I was sweating. This is the worst I've been after a nightmare. It probably didn't help that it was the full dream...

I looked beside me on the sofa and saw Joe sleeping peacefully, hugging the bottle of vodka. Weirdo. I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding, waking Joe up.
"Skylar?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. I stood up, not wanting him to see me in the state I was currently in.
"I'm fine." I sniffed, running off to my bedroom.

I closed the door, pressing my back into it before sinking to the floor, letting the tears flow down my cheeks. Nothing caused that dream... or did it?