4

Max: I'm sorry I left so abruptly

Max: my parents weren't exactly happy with me

Max- oh wait you're probably asleep fuck

Max: I'm sorry

Ian: I don't have to be up for another hour you know

Max: I'm sorry

Max: I'm stupid

Ian: You're not stupid

Ian: you didn't know

Max: I'm stupid and annoying

Max: I should just leave you alone

Incoming call from Ian

"Max?" Ian's voice came through the phone. I didn't want to speak, I knew my voice was shaking.

"Yeah?" I said as calmly as possible.

"Are you okay?" That's when I broke down. All my emotions came out into one hurtful sob. "I'll take that as a 'no.' Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm so scared, Ian," I managed to get out.

"What are you scared of?" He was so calm and collected. His voice was so soothing.

"My parents won't stop fighting a-and they're getting a divorce and I have to change schools and move houses a and and-" it was all so much. Everything felt so painful.

"Think about it this way: when they're apart they won't fight anymore and when you go to your new school you can make lost of new friends," he tried to sympathize.

"I don't want new friends. I don't want my parents apart. I just want my life to go back to normal," I cried.

"It's going to be okay, Max."

"Ian..."

"What?"

"Can you just talk, like tell as story or something. I just want to hear your voice for a while and maybe even get some sleep tonight."

"Okay." Ian began talking about anything and everything. His voice was smooth, putting me into a calmed state. Before long I drifted off to the sound of his voice.