chapter 18

Trust and loyalty were important things in the mafia world

Trust and loyalty were important things in the mafia world. The moment you break your boss's trust, you were dead in their hands.

Clelia Federigo was the example of someone who broke the code of silence and she was supposed to be dead. However, Vongola Decimo could not do it and had her, along with her whole family kicked out from Italy. She was free to return but the mafioso would look at her as a criminal.

Short to say, breaking an omerta was a huge crime in the mafia world.

Don Cavallone was in deep shock when he learnt about Clelia's return and he was wondering what he would do if he met her. I knew that he was going to plot murder and she would have lots of sleepless nights.

Before I could say anything, a young woman with round glasses came to his side. Her long blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail form and was seen wearing a polo neck blouse matched with her long skirt. She was nervous and held a worried look on her face.

"D-Don Cavallone, are you alright?" she timidly asked and the blond boss turned to look at her.

"Oh, I'm fine here, Natalia," he smiled. "There you go again. Didn't I tell you not to worry way too much?"

"I-I can't help it...especially when you look distressed," she explained.

"Is she your secretary?" I asked curiously. The young woman squeaked with shock and hid behind Dino.

"Yes, she is. Or better answer, she's my cousin," he answered. "Hey, Natalia. Say hello to Ayano, she's not going to bite you."

"Ciao, Natalia. I'm Minoru Ayano, Vongola Decimo's secretary. Nice to meet you, " I smiled and I held out my hand for her to shake.

"C-ciao..." she nervously took my hand and shake, trying her best to smile. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Ayano. I'm...Natalia..."

From everyone's view, Natalia looked so innocent in the mafia world and some of them were being so mean to her like, saying that she was not going to survive in the world that she was not supposed to stay. Who in the world would harm her when she was closely related to Don Cavallone?

She soon reminded Dino that Romario wanted to see him before she went off to join Romario. I noticed that the blond cared for his family member.

"Did you hire her as your secretary? In the mafia world?"

"I didn't hire her personally. She wanted me to hire her."

"Why is that?"

"The moment I took over my father's place, Natalia's family had been killed by a rival family. They tried to weaken my family's power by annihilating someone important to me. Like Tsuna, I refused to become the mafia boss as I hated violence but seeing what had happened to Natalia, I took over and I made sure that whoever made her suffer will rot in hell."

"She was the reason why you decided to become Don Cavallone?" I asked further and he nodded his head once.

"I let her stay in my place and I gave her all she needs; a proper education until she graduated from the university. She wanted to repay my kindness by becoming my secretary, ignoring the danger she will soon face. Besides, all of my subordinates treated her like their own family."