The burning heat of embarrassment rises in Emma's cheeks, painting them a deep scarlet hue that forces her to look away from both Killian and Regina. Her husband takes this opportunity to steal a quick glance around the room until his gaze is flicking back and forth between Emma and Regina.

"Killian," she exhales deeply, but he is quick to cut her off.

"Emma, let's talk about all of this, I love you," he vows, reaching for her hand but she folds her arms in a haste across her chest and she pretends she doesn't hear his heavy sigh. "This is all a misunderstanding. I have loved you since Neverland. Do you honestly think I would have married you if I didn't love you? After Cora has been dead for this long?"

She quirks up an eyebrow, contemplating his argument and to her surprise she actually believes him. She studies him closer, waiting for the alarms to blare from her superpower, but nothing happens and she knows he's being honest.

"I know," she grumbles, her grip tightening around her own biceps. "I'm sorry I ran off. I just...needed space, time to think and to heal," she confesses.

Before she can blink, her husband is wrapping his arms around her again and tugging her flush against his body, but all she can think about is the death glare upon her back that she knows Regina is sending her way. Regina's hand is still moving to feed her mouth, but her eyes are stone-cold as she glares murderously at the couple. Hook starts ushering Emma toward the door and before she can protest herself, she hears Regina's chair scrape against the wooden floor.

"Come on, let's go home and we can fix this," Hook gently offers and Regina doesn't say a damn word, she just stands up from her chair with her arms folded securely over her chest, scrutinizing.

"Killian, stop," Emma exasperates, gently placing her hand against his chest and easing him away. "I came here for a reason."

"Oh, but you don't mind having her around?" He spits in disdain as his head jerks in Regina's direction. "She's just as much to blame here as I, Emma. Open up those pretty green eyes," he bites out and with that Regina stomps dangerously across the apartment.

"I know she is," she snarks, "you both are in the wrong, but Regina and I talked about everything when we were trapped in that mirror. Even though I don't agree with what she did, I completely understand where she was coming from," she explains, her sincere eyes glancing at Regina to gauge her reaction, but that mayoral mask is firmly in place, blocking any prying eyes from seeing her true emotions.

"So, that's it?" The former pirate scoffs. "You are going to leave your husband? Me?"

"I didn't say that!"

"Emma?" Regina finally interrupts, breathlessly gasping as if Emma just smacked her across the face.

And Emma knows that look all too well, it's the same expression that tormented Regina's face when she found out Hook proposed so many years ago.

"Listen," Emma exclaims, "Both of you! You both kept secrets from me that effected my life in a negative way. You both hurt me very deeply." She sighs heavily, her infuriated eyes connecting with Killian's. "You want me to turn my back on a woman who has been my best friend for years; a woman I am supposed to be with, the woman you were told to keep me away from, the woman who has had my back for years, the woman who is my son's mother," she unexpectedly explodes before pivoting to face Regina, who is smirking smugly from the admission, but it's not long before that smile slowly fades away.

"And you want me to abandon my husband, a man I said vows with and promised to love no matter what." Her eyes slowly fluttered closed in a lame attempt to control her temper, so she can focus on what needs to be said. "I left Storybrooke and Boston so I could have some space and think about my life and what I want out of the rest of it. I need time."