Chapter 1: Lost and found

^-^What do you call a lost wolf? A where-wolf!^-^

Grass was tickling my entire left side. I slowly regained consciousness and started to smell dirt, tree sap and... blood? I slowly opened my eyes.  There was something black blocking my vision but from what I could tell I was in a forest. A large oak tree was about three meters from where I lay with many more trees around it.

I lifted my head up to try and see around the black obstacle when I felt a sharp pain in my neck. Ow! So that really did happen. 

To my surprise the black shape was still there in the same spot as it was before. I looked at it more and it seemed to resemble a furry snout of some sort. A squirrel broke my cross eyed glare as it ran up the oak tree and onto a branch. Man I must be hungry, that little rodent looks like a steak right now!

I tried to stand up but lost balance and caught myself with my arms. I looked at my arms, they looked like dog legs I looked at the rest of my body to find two other doggish legs, a tail, and my body which was covered in thick black fur.  

Did someone drug me?

"Hello? Can anyone help me?" I tried to yell but the only sound that came out of my mouth was a bark. Oh great, add not being able to speak to my list of problems. Maybe I should look around and see if there's anything nearby that can tell me where I am. 

After a couple minutes of stumbling along I reach a gravel road. Right is always right! Well I hope so anyways...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definitely need to get in shape! It's only been like 30 minutes and I feel like I'm going to die. The bite on my neck doesn't help either... Maybe I'll just take a short break. 

I lie down on the edge of the dusty road. I hope I'm just going crazy and this isn't real! It can't be real right? And what about Amber and Jamie? Are they still alive? I lick my lips, I am so hungry! I feel like I haven't eaten in days! Wait, is that blood I taste? It tastes terrible, rotten. I don't think this is my blood... 

"Hey, who are you?" I look up to see boy around my age with messy white hair looking at me.

"O-Oh" His eyes widened as he saw the blood on my face. He probably thinks I'm a serial killer! What should I do? Even if he would believe me I can't speak!

"Nice puppy..." The white haired boy reached to pet my head. 

"I'm not a dog! I am human!" I barked, literally.

"I'm guessing your not a big fan of being pet?" Well that's the weirdest thing someone has ever said to me.

"My name's Balthazar by the way," He said as he sat down next to me. Is he crazy? Who in their right mind sits down next to a big black wolf covered in blood? 'Balthazar' apparently! 

"Weird name I know," he picked at the Nike logo on his black sneakers. That's not all that's weird about you! You are talking to someone who looks like a dog!

"You smell nice by the way," I take back what I thought earlier this is the weirdest thing someone has ever said to me! 

I stared at him, he is the craziest guy I have ever met but he's kinda cute. And he smells nice too... OMG his weirdness is rubbing off on me!

A man that had short, black hair with grey speckles approached me, walking straight past Balthazar and crouched down to my level. I started shaking, the last time someone did that I got bit and I ended up looking like this. 

He leaned closer and whispered into my ear, "Hello Janus."

He then got up and walk away followed by Balthazar. Who is he? How does he know my name? I got up and started to run to catch up to him. I tripped over my feet, rolled, and fell to the ground getting a mouthful of dirt. 

Weirdo mc white hair saw me and started laughing, "First day walking?"

Yes it is! You try walking on four legs it isn't as easy as it looks!

We continued to walk, I was following close behind listening on their conversation.

"Good job calling me first, Zar."

"I could've taken him! He might be an Alpha but I am the packs best fighter!"

"She,"

"What?"

"The wolf you're talking about is a she,"

Yeah that's right! It's rude to assume genders! I barked in agreeance. He looked so confused, I don't know why he looked so confused about it but it was hilarious!

We continued walking in silence, Balthazar gave me a few glances along the way. Soon enough we reached a large, pale bricked house. We entered it and the older man lead me up the stairs and into a bedroom. 

"Sorry for the mess, it's my son's room." He looked at the closet, "He's about your age so his clothes should fit until I can grab you some more girlish ones." 

Um, how can I change into clothes when I'm like this. Also I don't even know you! I probably shouldn't have followed you here, you could be some psychopathic creep!

His eyes turned completely black and he stared into my eyes. Ah! Demon! I've watched enough t.v. to know that you sir are no human! I looked around the room, there's a window behind me but we're on the second floor... the only other exit is behind him.

"Don't worry child, just stay still." He reached out his hand to place it on my head but I backed up before he could reach me.

No! My day is bad enough! I do not need some demon to be apart of it! 

"I won't hurt you," yeah right! I bumped into the wall. I'm going to die!

He continued staring into my eyes as he placed his hand on my head. I closed my eyes fearing what was going to happen next. He took his hand away and I felt a terrible pain as my bones adjusted just like before. My whine turned into a scream and I opened my eyes.

"Better?" His eyes returned back to his blue ones, smiled and he turned around, "I'll be downstairs."

The door closed and I realized I wasn't wearing any clothes. I walked towards the closet and picked out some brown camo pants, A white t-shirt that was a bit too big, and tan work boots.  After that I went to the attached bathroom and showered. I put on the clothes and went back to the bedroom. I sat on the bed not wanting to go out there and talk to that man or really anyone else.