The Sound of Drums - Two

Start from the beginning

"No Stone, I know what he has done to you and I will not let you stand there alone against him." He firmly told her.

"Aircraft carrier Valiant." Jack started pressing his vortex manipulator. "It's a UNIT ship at fifty-eight point two north, ten point o two east."

"How do we get on board?" Martha asked watching the Master run around like a dangerous mad man.
"Does that thing work as a teleport?" The Doctor asked.

"Since the Stone revamped it, yeah." He nodded. "Coordinates set." They all placed their hands on his vortex manipulator then disappeared reappearing on the Valiant.

"Oh, that thing is rough." Martha groaned.

"I've has worse nights." Jack stood up cracking his neck as Rita groaned stretching. "Welcome to the Valiant."

Martha looked out a porthole-like window. "It's dawn? Hold on, I thought this was a ship. Where's the sea?"

"A ship for the twenty-first century, protecting the skies of planet Earth," Jack explained.

The four started running the corridors of the Valiant before Rita froze to a stop. The Doctor skidded to a halt as well looking back at her. He then started to listen as well seeing the concentration on her face.

"We've no time for sightseeing," Jack commented going to run again.

"No, wait. Shush, shush, shush, shush." The Doctor hushed him and Martha. Rita then spoke up. 

"Can't you hear it?"

"Hear what?" He asked.

"Doctor, Stone, my family's on board." Martha reminded them.

"Brilliant." The Doctor beamed taking the brunette's hand. "This way." He informed Martha and Jack taking off down the corridor.

"Rita, don't argue, don't say no, but if he gets me go with Martha."

"N-" she went to protest.

"Do it. Please, I need to know your safe."

"Doctor I'm safe with you."

"Not if he's anywhere near you, I know he's your cousin but I don't trust him." The Doctor retorted running down another corridor. They came to end and the Doctor opened the doors. "Oh, at last!" He shouted shouted.

"Oh, yes!"

"Ha ha!" Rita beamed running over to the TARDIS and patting it.

"What's it doing on the Valiant?" Jack asked. The Doctor and Rita ignored him as the Doctor placed his key in the door opening it.

"No, no, no." Rita breathed in horror.

"What the hell's he done?" Jack looked around the TARDIS which held a dark red light, there was wire where the rotor was trapped with metal.

"Don't touch it." The Doctor ordered.

"I'm not going to."

"What's he done though?" Martha asked. "Sounds like it's sick."

"It can't be. No, no, no, no, no, no, it can't be." The Doctor muttered running a hand through his hair as Rita did the same.

"What is it?"

"He's cannibalised the TARDIS." The Doctor said in disgust.

"Is this what I think it is?" Jack asked.

"He made the TARDIS a paradox machine." Rita spat gritting her teeth. "This is too far even for him, he can do all he likes to me but destroy the last beautiful living time travel space ship and now he is in trouble."