Stuck on you

Depuis le début

Todd felt himself getting a headache, because of her, no doubt. He placed his hand on his head and shut his eyes tightly. "Exactly sweetheart and you're already on my damn nerves. Of course I need to drink, how else would I be able to stand living with you?"

Nellie scoffed "says the person who wanted to marry me." She mumbled bitterly under her breath. Todd heard her, she figured he would.

At her words Todd shot his head up, his dark eyes glaring at her. "Get out." He told her, he never told her what to do but what she said really managed to hit every last nerve in his body and he couldn't see her anymore. Not right now. He didn't want a huge fight.

Nellie scoffed, crossing her arms. "I own the place."

"Get out!" Todd barked loudly through gritted teeth, standing quickly from his chair.

Nellie said nothing, just glared at him, she spotted an empty alcohol bottle on the desk next to her. She glanced from the Sweeney to the bottle as tears of anger pricked at her eyes. But she was also sad as well, how could she not be? Everything between them felt so miserable and broken lately. Even more so than usual. It was a cruel circle.

He loved her, but she'd shut him out. Not because she wanted to, but because if anything were to ever actually happen between them, she wanted it to be real and genuine. She didn't want anything to feel fake or forced. He'd only drink more when she'd shut him out, and then she'd get mad at him for drinking so much. Her anger would make her push him away even more, and then the vicious cycle would continue.

Nellie picked up the empty glass bottle and narrowed her misty eyes on him, he knew what she was about to do and he tried opening his mouth to tell her to stop, but there was no time. Nellie threw the bottle as hard as she could at Todd before she opened the door and left the shop, slamming the door hard behind her. Luckily Sweeney ducked down and the bottle didn't hit his head, but it was good he was quick to move because her aim was bloody perfect.

"Fucking psycho!" He screamed after her.

~~

They fought constantly since then, and it was driving everybody mad. Victoria was worried about leaving tonight, she had no idea how long the fighting would carry on for. But she needed to return home, as much as she wanted to stay and help them work things out.

She sat with the kids in Johanna's room to try and offer some advice before she left. "Don't worry guys," she smiled, "you know how they get. They'll scream and argue, but be absolutely fine again in no time." Victoria told them, hoping to give them some optimism. But honestly she wasn't so sure, as much as Nellie and Sweeney have argued and fought in the past, it was never quite like this. They truly seemed disgusted with one another. They couldn't stand one another anymore. It wasn't just their usual bickering and fighting, they seemed not only furious at each other, but also seemed to be having individual issues of their own as well. Nellie seemed more stressed out and moody as of late. Whereas Todd hardly saw or spoke to anyone due to his constant drinking.

Johanna listened to what Victoria said, and she faked a smile and nodded her head. But she was nervous for the next day, when Victoria would be gone.

That night Stephen arrived with a beautiful carriage to escort Victoria home. She was excited to be able to talk to him on the ride home, especially since it would just be the two of them. He helped her with her bags and she hugged all of the children goodbye, she kissed her cousin on the cheek and she went upstairs to say goodbye to the barber. When she hugged him, she whispered something into his ear: "please fix things with Nellie, Mr.Todd." She pleaded, and smiled sadly at him, but then her face brightened when she remembered something. "Oh and there's one more thing I must tell you before I leave," she smirked, whispering something into his ear.