13.

Elrica's P.O.V

Alpha, David messaged. He said there are news that Jones is missing from the Royal City, from his pack for already two days. James mindlinked me. Alright, thanks for reporting. Say thanks to David too. Yes, Alpha.

This is getting more interesting. The traitor can be Kevin, someone from the Royal City can be Jones, the vampires can be vampires. But I can't assume yet. I can't think anymore, maybe I should go on a trip. People will think I'm crazy, going on a trip in the middle of this mess. Heh, whatever. 

I packed my things enough for two or three days. I headed to my grey BMW after telling the pack that I'm taking a break. I passed all the duties to James and Alex, I hope I can trust them. Look at me...throwing all responsibilities on someone. Very Alpha-like. I arrived to a human village called 'Petuna'. This is my second time being to this place. 

To be honest, this can hardly be called a village because around twenty thousand people live here. And humans are just wonderful and friendly expect from a couple of rude people, a course. I parked my car in front of the guest house and went inside the building to check in. 

The guest house look very cozy unlike my pack mansion. Ugh...I need to do a home remodeling soon. No, I'm thinking of the pack again. I hate this problem with me. No matter I try to take a break from all these thoughts, they always follow me wherever I go.

I shook my head trying to shake off those thoughts. After I checked in, I went out walking to look some views. There're not many vehicles here expect from a few buses that go around the village. There're also no tall buildings which makes the sun sets and sun rises spectacular.

I arrived to a familiar place. The streets are still the same as it was before. I remember myself as a little girl running around my dad here. I arrived to kind of like an outback of the village where many temples are built. It was a plain area with trees here and there and I just came just in time. The sun sets are unreal here. It looks like it's an animation. I held my breath when I saw the view. 

It was still the same like it was when I was eleven

It was still the same like it was when I was eleven. I couldn't appreciate the sun set then.  The red skies look like they fell over the entire place. The trees and the temples make the view more mervellous. Slowly, night began to fall. I sat there, from above, looking at the locals celebrating. These people literally celebrate every month. This time, they're blowing a hot air balloon. The balloon slowly goes up as thousands of people cheered.

Last time I was here, they were lighting candles all over the place

Last time I was here, they were lighting candles all over the place. These people...I smiled a little. I want to see what it's like being human sometimes. I remember...

Flashback

"Happiness doesn't last long, dear."

"But my friends make me happy...and they'll always be my friends!"

"You speak with your school life. But as you get older...I shouldn't be telling you this but...
When I was your age, I had my very best friend. We understand each other, we loved each other. We're like family. We got older, finished our universities and into out jobs. I got a better job but we were still friends. I helped him when he had trouble with his living. But he turned into a man who makes money unfairly. I had trouble choosing a side and I chose to stay away from him. He borrowed my money and never gave it back. After this became often, our bond ended."

"But that's just your story! My friends are not going to be like that!"

"They won't but...you won't be as close as when your were in school or university. Because you all are heading to different directions. And...nothing lasts forever. Werewolves, vampires, immortals... they will all die one day. And me, you, we will die too. We just don't know the time yet. SO let's live happily as possible, eh?"

I smiled and nodded my head. "Aye!" 

Flash back end

Hehe, I liked saying 'aye' so much at that time. Memories...they can make one cry or smile. I sighed and headed back to the guest house. When I got into my room a call came in. "Alpha! Emergency! David said the guards of the Royal City has been poisoned and there were double rouge attacks in the Royal City!"

"Coming." I hanged up and sighed. Where is peace again?

~~~~

An update! Those pictures I used don't belong to me. And I don't know about cars by the way. And

Isn't he adorable?!!! Will try to update as soon as I can

:) Draga