Chapter One: Altering

What happened didn't even feel real, it was like a dream that just didn't end. 

But I suppose I should start from the beginning, right?

I'd only moved to LA a little over a month ago, so you could say I was still getting used to the city. Especially coming from such a small town half-way across the country, but I was taking it one step at a time. I'd moved here with my best friend Mackenzie, in hopes of kicking off a music career for me and a modeling career for her. Music had always been a huge part of my life, and something that I've wanted to pursue for as long as I could remember. 

I'd been working on releasing an EP since we'd moved to LA, and today was no different. I sat in my room working for hours undisturbed before Mackenzie waltzed through the door. 

"Girl are you ever gonna move?" She laughed and leaned against the door frame of our small apartment.

"I will when I finish this," I said with a sigh, turning my attention back to my computer. 

"Well regardless of whether it's finished or not, you're coming to a party with me tonight," she smiled, "and wear something nice." She winked.

Before I had a chance to respond she already left the room, leaving me no choice but to get ready for this party.

I walked to the bathroom, taking my hair out of the messy bun it was previously in and removing my glasses before starting on my makeup and hair. My earlier messy - moppy looking - hair was now down and in curls, and my face wasn't caked with makeup, but just enough to make myself look presentable. I walked to my closet, looking for something to wear when Mackenzie appeared behind me,

"Looking for something?" She smirked, holding up my red cocktail dress in front of me. 

"Not anymore! Thanks Kenz." I smiled back, taking the dress.

As soon as I put it on I felt like a new person, ready for anything, even my first party in LA. 

I waited for Kenzie to get ready while I sat on the couch listening to music, when 'Guapanese' by Ricco came on. Ricco, (A.K.A. Adym) was one of my favorite artists, even though he's not exactly a big name in music (YET). His music is always straight vibes, and I always found inspiration in his songs. He's definitely an artist I'd wanna meet.

"Ready to go?" Kenzie asked me.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I bit my lip, and walked out the door.

When we got to the party, it was hard to stay together.

There was so many people, most of them stumbling around drunk, so it was pretty easy to get carried away by a current of intoxicated people.

I would know, considering I did get carried away by that current more than once. It might sound funny, but it's slightly terrifying not knowing where you'll end up next. I'd traveled from the bar, where I'd had a few shots. To the dance floor, where I'd danced with some friends and some other random people, and out to the balcony that overlooked the next few blocks. I liked it there, the view was stunning, not to mention kind of peaceful. Away from all of the noise and people. 

I heard footsteps behind me and a person appear next to me, sighing and shaking his head before bowing it in exasperation. 

"Hey, um, are you okay?" I asked politely.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, thanks," he said still looking down, I still couldn't see his face very well.

That's when I'd noticed something different about him.

A pineapple tattoo on his neck.

The very same tattoo my favorite artist has.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I hope you guys enjoyed! This is my first time writing fanfic/imagines so I'd love some feedback!

Leave a comment down below if you want me to continue the story!

Thank you guys for reading!