New Zora Traditions

Start from the beginning

"We're not judging you, your highness." King Dorephan butted in once Impa finished. She had left Link feeling just a bit miserable. "We're simply listing the areas you need to improve on. Lucky for you we are gathered here to help you with these things. No matter how long it takes." Link smiled. He was grateful for this opportunity but he dreaded how much time they would spend holed up in there, talking of nothing but Link's bad choices and lack of skills.

-

Finished. It was finished.

Sidon smiled and gazed down at the finished sword and shield. It had taken him a long time but every single minute of he spent hunched over a work table or standing by an expert blacksmith was worth it and only made him more sure of his decision. He would confess his love to Link. He would do it soon. He would follow what was typically a tradition meant for Zora Princesses but he felt like it would still hold its meaning. After all, the tradition began as an act of love, Sidon intended this to be an act of love as well so it wouldn't cause to much of an uproar. Right?

The sword was meant to be somewhat similar to the Master Sword in length but to imitate a Zora sword in design. Sidon used his own sword as a sort of guide but in all honesty the one he made was just a bit shorter and less elegant than expected. That was fine, the fact that he tried his best should make up for its lack of style. While the blade itself was built the same way as any other blade it was the handle that held the weapons true beauty. In center, just above the beautiful blue colored grip, there was glimmering red scale cut into the shape of a diamond. There were two scales placed on either side, each one once belonging to Sidon. Taking out scales was no easy task and taking out two for one weapon wasn't fun (or painless) but the Zora Prince endured it to show his love.

The shield was created to mimic the look of the Royal Guard's shield. It was rather big but it was light. In the center, much like the sword, was a cluster of beautiful red scales (again it wasn't exactly easy getting that many scales out in one sitting) in the shape of a heart. The heart was in the center space of the Triforce, the triangle piece that symbolized courage was painted in red as opposed to the yellow he had used for the other two pieces.

Both items were made to last a long time. Sidon made sure of it. He had to make the journey to visit the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab and strike a bargain with Robbie to somehow infuse some ancient elements into the sword and shield but it was done. Neither the sword nor the shield would break any time soon. And if they did, Sidon prepared for that as well. If, for whatever reason, Link's sword were to shatter or his shield were to break apart into a million pieces, his scales would not break. The scales in the form of a heart would stay in the form of a heart of the shield were to break. Link could easily pick it up and carry it around if he so please. Same thing applied for the scales on the Master Sword. Yes, ancient technology did come in handy for these issues. Now the only problem Sidon had to face was when to give Link these gifts...

"Ah, isn't he so dreamy?" A Zora girl sighed out, fairly close to where Sidon was. He was used to this. The female Zora all longed for the Prince. They lusted after him but alas, they would never get a chance with him. "The way he helped the Prince and saved us- how brave! How courageous!"

"That is exactly what I look for in a man. He has to be courageous. Not to mention he is the King after all! What a nice little edition to an already perfect package!" Wait, what? "And to think, he's here today! Talking to our very own King! How lucky must we be to have this privilege! Oh, if only we took advantage of having him here before he became royalty!" Sidon blinked and whipped around in the chair he had been sitting in. Two Zora women were giggling to one another and looked up the stairs to his fathers throne room. Oh Hylia, Link must've been visiting. How could he not have noticed that? Quickly, Sidon covered the finished shield and sword with a small tarp and hurried on out to the foot of the stairs.