Chapter 1

Present Day

     A few days after figuring out Trigon's plan, Damian had decided to rejoin the Titans.
     But there was one thing they still couldn't figure out: how could Trigon use magic outside of the crystal?
     Damian and Raven sat in her room and tried to come up with ideas.
     "Crystal not as powerful as we thought?" Damian suggested.
     Raven thought about it, and it could be true.
     "Possibly," she said. "He was able to escape the first time."
     Then she remembered something: the reason the crystal was so small on the first place.
     "Wait a minute..." she said. "Back when I first trapped him, Ra's al Ghūl had thrown his sword and shattered the gem."
     Damian started to catch on.
     "You're saying that the crystal lost power when it was shattered?" he asked.
     "Exactly."
     After that, they sat in silence, bit thinking of ways to fix the problem.
     "I thought that thing was powerful enough to withstand things like that," Damian added. "You said, and I quote, 'The crystal can only be touched by me. He may have escaped it, but he won't be able to destroy it.'"
     Raven smiled.
     "You remembered that word for word?"
     Damian smiled back.
     "I have a good memory."
     But the more Raven thought about it, the less sense it made. Damian was right.
     There was no way Ra's could have destroyed it. It made no sense.
     But it was all they had.
     "Damian?"
     They looked towards the door, where Kori was standing.
     "Your father's doctor is here, he wants to talk to you."
     Damian nodded and told her to have the doctor go to his room.
     When Damian got up, he looked at Raven.
     "He'll be fine," she told him.
     Damian nodded again and walked towards his room, sitting on his bed. Soon the doctor came in.
     "Mr. Wayne, I'm afraid we have some bad news," the doctor told him.
     "Is he going to die?" Damian asked worriedly.
     The doctor sighed.
     "I'm afraid that there is a good chance of it," he told the boy. "You might want to come see him while you can. We are afraid he won't survive the night."
     As the doctor got up to leave, he turned back to Damian, who was staring at the ground in awe that this actually happened.
     "I'm so sorry."
     The doctor left, shutting the door.
     Soon after, he heard a soft knock at the door as Raven walked in and sat next to him.
     "So, was it good news?" she asked.
     Damian pulled his legs up into the bed, curled into a ball, crying into his knees.
     Raven put her arm around him, pulling him into a hug.
     But Damian just stayed the way he was, crying.
     He couldn't believe it.
     Just when he thought things could work out.
     And now the world just seems dark.
     Nothing but darkness.
Please stay with me.