Hyrule Historia: Part IIII

Depuis le début

The transformed Hero was imprisoned but was almost immediately released by the cursed Princess of the Twilight, Midna. She had forcibly given up her throne and was cursed to look like an imp as opposed to her natural beautiful self. With her help the Hero was able to reclaim Hyrule from the corrupted Twilight. Spirits of Light returned the light to Hyrule with the help of the two and places, such as the Zora Domain and Death Mountain, overrun by monsters of Twilight were safe yet again. These same areas also held a dark power that would later be a crucial part of their plot to destroy Ganondorf and the puppet he was controlling, Zant: Twilight Usurper, in order to regain his power.

Link remembered the wolf in his dream. He sighed and closed his eyes. He didn't want to read any more, he didn't want to learn of any more ancestors, he didn't want to know how they suffered or how their friends and loved ones suffered. He wanted to put the book away and forget. Instead Link skipped ahead.

The Hero of Twilight has claimed he saw the spirit of the late Queen of the Zora, Queen Rutela (who had been executed in front of her own people as a threat to those who considered opposing Zant). It was supposedly she that gave him the Zora armor which her late husband had made for a hero and it was she that also led him to save the young Prince of the Zora, Prince Ralis. Ralis was in a critical condition within the Castle Town's walls and it was Link who escorted his friend, who had no memory of herself or her childhood friend, and a bartender who was a part of an underground Resistance group that worked to make Hyrule a far better place. The Hero of Twilight escorted them all the day to Kakariko village, protecting them from all the evil that stood in there way. Prince Ralis was saved by the Shaman in the village and in return he gifted a coral earring to the hero, a item necessary to continue his quest to find the next missing piece of the mirror of Twilight and save Hyrule.

Damn. Link was hoping for a bit of a happier piece. The Hylian King sighed and, with shaky hands, skipped ahead to the end. The end had to be happier. It was the end after all.

With Ganondorf defeated the Four Spirits of Light lifted the curse placed on Midna. The three ventured off to Gerudo desert and Midna bade her farewells to the Hero of Twilight and Princess Zelda. The Twilight Princess proceeded to destroy the Mirror of Twilight, the only connection between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm, before disappearing forever. It has been rumored that after that the Hero refused to believe that that was the last connection so he searched the land for another way. He had to be forcibly stopped and returned to his home village by the Princess before he killed himself due to starvation in the desert while looking. He never found another way back and essentially lost a close friend he had made and spent so much time with on his quest.

Okay, that was enough. Link shut the book. No more reading about nearly dying and losing friends, that was enough for today. In fact, that was enough of everything for that day.

He slowly stood up and placed the book on its proper place on the shelf. As he made his way to the door something glimmered in the corner of his eye. Oh Hylia, he said that was enough for the day... Link sighed and turned around, a candle was lit on a small table and what looked like a picture frame seemed to be catching its light. The Hylian King sighed and walked over, gently getting the frame out from behind a stack of boxes which were filled with more books.

The frame was just that but what was behind it was interesting. A small door, half on the wall and half on the floor, with no key hole and instead a handle. Link reached out to open it but something stopped him. It was like Sidon's voice rang out in his head and warned him he wouldn't be able to handle it, not today. Not with everything he's remembered, not with everything he's learned. Link gulped and turned around, walking out the old library. Tomorrow he would explore the new room.