Family of Blood - Two

Start from the beginning

"Right then." He said walking up to them. "Molto bene!"

Martha looked at him hugging her arms on the cold. "How was she?"

"Time we moved on." He muttered.

"If you want, I could go and-"

He then cut her off repeating his last words. "Time we moved on."

"Er, I meant to say, back there, last night. I would have said anything to get you to change."

"Oh yeah, of course, you would. Yeah." He nodded.

"I mean, I wasn't really-"

"Oh, no, no." He shook his head.

"Good."

"Fine."

"So here we are then."

"Here we are Martha." Rita chuckled. "Told you we would back soon didn't I?" She grinned.

"I never said." He looked between them. "Thanks for looking after me. Both of you." The Doctor then walked closer opening his arms and hugging them both.

"Doctor. Martha. Stone." Latimer walked up to them.

"Tim Timothy Timber." The Doctor beamed.

"I forgot how much you opened your mouth." Rita laughed. The Doctor rolled his eyes at her then turned to the boy.

"I just wanted to say goodbye. And thank you. Because I've seen the future and I now know what must be done. It's coming, isn't it? The biggest war ever."

"Tim you don't have to, your a clever boy."

"You don't have to fight," Martha added.

"I think we do." He protested.

"But you could get hurt."

"Well, so could you, travelling around with him," he nodded to the Doctor. "but it's not going to stop you. Either of you." His eyes looked over to the brunette.

"Tim, I'd be honoured if you'd take this." The Doctor handed the fob watch to him.

He held it up then looked at them. "I can't hear anything."

"It's just a watch now that he's not in there." Rita nodded patting the Doctors arm.

"But keep it with you, for good luck." The Doctor added.

"Look after yourself." Martha went over hugged him and kissed his cheek. The Doctor held open the door, Rita and then Martha headed inside.

"You'll like this bit." The Doctor grinned walking into the TARDIS himself as it dematerialised.

"That's it then." Rita sighed plopping herself into the jump seat.

"It is indeed." The Doctor chuckled sitting beside her.

"I'm going to go sleep, it's been a long night," Martha muttered quickly heading towards her room. Rita shrugged looking back at her friend then turned as the Doctor sighed. She noticed he was staring at her, she didn't know why and it made her slightly uneasy.

"Are you okay Doctor?" She asked from the jumpseat seeing the look in his eye showing that he was very much deep in though. He slowly nodded before walking over, reaching into his coat pocket bringing out a crumpled piece of paper and handing it to her without saying a word, sitting next to her on the jump seat. She frowned taking it from his hand when he held it out to her.

"Was everything you said... true?" He blurted out breaking the silence as she un-crumpled the paper revealing a drawing similar to the one 'John Smith' drew. This one however held much more detail as well as the Time Lady mid laugh in her usual clothes of her current body as well as being drawn in pencil.