Cornflakes are made out of this shit

Recap:

Everything was ready and I was leaving to go get Jason. As I was walking out, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone standing in the corner leaning against the door frame.

I screamed and jumped out of my skin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

JASON! I screamed when I realized who it was. And because of how brilliant a person I am, I reached my hand into the bowl of now un-mysteriously smashed mashed potatoes. I swung my arm back as if I was about to throw a baseball and hurled the handful of mashed potatoes right at his face.

Since I never played softball, I missed terribly.

I did manage to successfully hit his dark blue shirt. When my eyes moved up from the huge white blob I saw the fury in his eyes as he slowly walked towards me.

I was so scared about what he was going to do that I was paralyzed. I couldn't make my feet move no matter how hard I tried to convince them that it would be a good time to run.

Jason walked over to the kitchen counter where the pan full of biscuits were. As I saw his hand reaching for them my brain started functioning again but it was too late to run.

I knew what I had done the second that I saw one of my freshly made biscuits fly an inch above my head showering crumbs down into my hair.

This was war.

~~~~~

Well, as I quote my earlier statement, I never played softball. We continued throwing all of my freshly cooked lunch at each other for another thirty minutes.

The only reason that we stopped is because Jason ran up with the rest of the mashed potatoes in his hands and smeared potatoes all over my face and in my hair.

I screamed and decided to hedge my bets and call off the war. I looked around for something white to wave over my head as a truce. I saw a white towel hanging on the oven and I quickly reached for it.

As I waved it around I screamed "Truce" before I proceeded to use it to wipe my face off and look presentable again.

Jason laughed at me while I waved the towel around. I knew that I probably looked ridiculous. Jason confirmed this when he screamed, "You look stupid!"

"You could have just asked to stop and I would have, you didn't have to go all old-timey on me," Jason said while he continued laughing.

"Well it was the first thing that came to my mind," I defended.

My comment just made Jason's laughing start up again. His laugh was infectious and I then started to laugh at myself.

We were just starting to control are laughter when my mom came barreling in with a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong!" She screamed as she ran through the front door. She looked around frantically trying to see me.

Her outburst just made me and Jason bust out laughing again. I was keeled over holding my stomach because it hurt from laughing so much.

By the sound of our laughing my mom found us in a disaster of a kitchen. When she saw us her face morphed from worry to slight annoyance.

Then she looked around at the kitchen. Her face morphed from one of annoyance to one of complete horror.

Jason grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as he started running out the back door. I soon understood why when my mom let out a blood-curdling scream. We picked up the pace as we ran out into one of our smaller fields. We had to stop running when we reached the field because last fall we planted corn here so there was still cornstalks laying all over the ground.